5A Region 5 Football ..... Gets Started

TGUN

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy is going to come into the season favored (even if they graduated a ton) as they should until someone else proves they shouldn't be.

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB

Stewarts Creek probably won't have the team they had this past season, but then again Coach Martin does a good job with those guys, so they will be well prepared.

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB

Shelbyville, Lincoln Co. and Franklin Co. graduated a lot from what I understand, but there is always other players waiting for an opportunity so who knows there. 

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB

I think Summit graduated one starter between both sides of the ball, so that bodes well for them.  

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB

Ultimately, whatever team comes together the most between now and the start of the season, decides to play for each other and refuses to let anyone outwork them and avoids the injury bug, that is the team that we will see riding momentum into the playoffs.

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB

I would not underestimate Stewarts Creek. Obviously Indy will be the favorite, defending state champ, and will be top dog till someone knocks them off. As for the Creek they return 7 starters on each side of the ball I believe including their entire backfield with exception of QB. Also with his being year 4 of the program Coach Martin will have his first true Senior class that has been with him for 4 years. This region was one of the most wide open last year with a 4 way Tue for second so should be another exciting year of football.

Ultimately, whatever team comes together the most between now and the start of the season, decides to play for each other and refuses to let anyone outwork them and avoids the injury bug, that is the team that we will see riding momentum into the playoffs.

So basically you are saying FC is a shoe in with the "program builder" they have in charge 😄

Edited by rampage

I will go ahead and make my prediction for next year.

Indy

Lavergne

Summit

Stewarts Creek

Lincoln County

Columbia

Shelbyville

Franklin County

But you never know a lot can happen between now and then. 

Wow, poor Shelbyville finishing behind Columbia!  They must lose everyone and the kitchen sink.

Edited by DominateTheTrenches

Shelbyville will not finish that low. They have a lot of talent coming back.

I didn't really think so, but just looking at how bad Columbia was last year, it was just funny to see.

I'll Go:

Independence - Don't know if anyone here can beat them

Stewarts Creek - Seem to be improving

LaVergne - Lots of talent, but consistency??

Summit - Break through into the playoffs

Shelbyville - Losing good players, but will fight for playoff spot

Lincoln County - See team above

Franklin County - Battle with Columbia

Columbia - Battle with Franklin County

Just for discussion...