TN 7v7 Select

TGUN

How many College coaches offer players at colleg camps? The college camps are ran with a 7v7 format.  Even the OL/DL competitions are based on the passing game.   Players that are doing 7v7 are getting themselves prepared to go to camps more than they realize. If you look at the amount of skill players playing 7v7 and those that are not, then you will see who's getting offers and who's not. The % of players that are playing 7v7 are much higher % getting Scholarships now.  

The term exposure is over rated in many aspects of football combines though.  If you want to look at a Money Racket then look at the combines, now that is the money racket!!

College camps are a great way to be exposed to players that may not be on a coaches radar due to grades, school size/record, etc.  I took a player to a Saturday senior camp at a school slightly north of us and he was given a tour of the facilities, met the head coach and was offered a full ride (if grades would check out, which they did not) based off of him running one 40 yard dash.  Sometimes kids just have an "It" factor that a coach is looking for.  BTW, that head coach is now coaching in the SEC, so he clearly made good choices when it came to offers.  LOL

I agree the "It" and "Wow" Factors are the big thing.  If you have not seen and really watched some of the 7v7 games that are not school sponsored then you have not seen what I am talking about. $300 for a travel team is a good price.  Unless you are blessed to have 5 or 6 players on your team that are a legitimate D1 FBS player, or you play those type of teams weekly then you don't understand the difference.    In a typical 7v7 Travel team tournament there will be some of the best athletes on teams that allow other players to work against.  That alone is great experience.  Getting that kind of experience before you go to a college camp keeps you from getting really Embarrassed.  In travel 7v7 a player will play against 7 great athletes on defense instead of when you are playing against maybe 2 in your regular high school game.  QB's, WR's, LB's, and DB's get to go against the best of the best each game.  If you have not watched a true NFA7v7 Tournment, Pylon Tournament or many of the others then you have not seen how the game is changing.  

By the way, Many of those coaches that think that 7v7 is not a huge benefit to their players, are not winning State titles.  I would like for some names of Teams in the state of TN that are winning State Titles that don't have players playing 7v7.  Please let me know.  

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

• 3 weeks later...

He is a really good article concerning 7 on 7 as a form of exposure. It supports my view that it is good for teams in helping them grow as a unit, but offers very little to individuals looking for exposure.

David Shaw: “I will never have a recruiting conversation with a 7-on-7 coach’

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=David-Shaw-I-will-never-have-a-recruiting-conversation-with-a-7on7-coach