Region 7 5A

topnight

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rossview's starting lineup consisted of primarily freshman and sophomores last year. I believe they will be very sound and physical this year, with the exception of the QB position. Anybody know anything about their QB depth?

Not sure about the QB position. My son graduated a few years back, so I'm a little out of the loop. There was a kid who left CHS last year I heard (over politics)who was supposed to be pretty good. Not sure where he ended up. Anybody know if he went to Rossview?

Not sure about the QB position. My son graduated a few years back, so I'm a little out of the loop. There was a kid who left CHS last year I heard (over politics)who was supposed to be pretty good. Not sure where he ended up. Anybody know if he went to Rossview?

If you're referring to the Robinson kid, he's at Clarksville Academy. From what I heard, there we're political reasons and being that CHS doesn't throw the ball, it wasn't a good fit any way. Would've been nice to have seen him in the Red and Black though! Not sure what Lambert has in mind as far as the QB spot for the Hawks.

It's a shame to elude that the next CHS QB will gain his position by (politics). Actually it is downright insulting to anyone that knows the current front runner for the position. If he does in fact get the nod to be the next starter, it will be because of his: Size, Speed, Strength, and Ability. Not to mention his familiarity with the team and the system. I look forward to watching him lead this team and play hard for the next two seasons.

It's a shame to elude that the next CHS QB will gain his position by (politics). Actually it is downright insulting to anyone that knows the current front runner for the position. If he does in fact get the nod to be the next starter, it will be because of his: Size, Speed, Strength, and Ability. Not to mention his familiarity with the team and the system. I look forward to watching him lead this team and play hard for the next two seasons.

Thanks for clarifying your support for CHS, but no one said the "front runner" wasn't capable of running "that" offense. The post referred to who would take the senior QB's place at Rossview, and where the particular kid that left CHS was currently at, regardless of what his reason was for leaving. Quit wearing your purple panties on your shoulder and stop trolling. 

There is almost as much BS rumor going on in Clarksville as in Knox Co.  Tell me you all don't play politics in Clarksville is like saying the Pope never wears a robe.  Come on man, who you kidding?

Lol, yes politics are alive and well in Clarksville. I was reading the posts above about the QB leaving. From everything I hear, understandably so. I can only speak for the school my son graduated from, but yes.  Surely you guys in Knox Co don't have to contend with things like this do you? ;) 

As Cris Carter would say, Come on man!  Politics, booster club officers with children that play sports (not just football),coaches having players live at there house, giving fake address for school zones, parents being hired to do little or no work but there child's tuition is paid for ($10,000 for being a summer janitor), renting an apartment in a different zone from where you really live and paying bills at said apartment (water, electric turned on but minimum monthly charges but 3-4 people staying there).  I know some of this is recruiting stuff but it still is politics.  How about football players going thru blocking drills in the gym after school but spring practice don't start till the first week of May.

Yes, we have all kinds of politics and cheating here in good old Knox County Schools

As Cris Carter would say, Come on man!  Politics, booster club officers with children that play sports (not just football),coaches having players live at there house, giving fake address for school zones, parents being hired to do little or no work but there child's tuition is paid for ($10,000 for being a summer janitor), renting an apartment in a different zone from where you really live and paying bills at said apartment (water, electric turned on but minimum monthly charges but 3-4 people staying there).  I know some of this is recruiting stuff but it still is politics.  How about football players going thru blocking drills in the gym after school but spring practice don't start till the first week of May.

Yes, we have all kinds of politics and cheating here in good old Knox County Schools

You forgot about coaches that run private coaching on the side as tutor sessions and takes money from juniors parents so he can quietly move up the totem poll until he get's in a ballgame and chokes leaving the fans questioning what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea how this region will fall out. Rossview is still young, I know that. Lots of freshman and sophomores that started last year will be a year older. They should be better. Seems like lots of changes in teams and coaching should make this region interesting.