Best Overall in The State

steelerfan32

The player in this state with the most potential in basketball is an 8th grader that most of you don't even know about, at Lighthouse Christian. He already has a D1 offer from New Mexico St.

Go on YouTube and type in "Jaden Springer" and you'll see videos of him with like 300,000 views.

Bet you he ends up with better college offers than both Darius Garland and Jalen Fisher.

However, I doubt he will be at Lighthouse after this year. Won't be surprised if he's not even in the state at all. Not that anyone would be surprised if he was suddenly on CPA's team next year either hahaha

T$$AA allows the inner city kids and coaches in Memphis to do whatever they want for the most part. They cave in to the political racial card at every turn. Its never about academics only about winning a gold statue at whatever steps deemed necessary. Last years state champion won after playing a kid almost the entire year that had already played more than the bylaws allow. If this was a county school they would be banned from play. We had a player in this area get into a fight and the school got a 2 year ban from the state tournament. You tell me how equal that is!!! The coach knew the principal knew they all knew this kid was ineligible and they almost got away with it and in the end they did because T$$AA was scared to do the right thing which would have been to ban the school and it's coaches for at least 2 years. What ever happened to sending a message to those who cheat the system? I guarantee you there are some there now doing the same thing we just can't prove it. Denying this is like saying Lebron didn't have anything to do with the firing of his coach! Let me be clear that I am not saying anything negative about an individual athlete that plays the game. As a kid all they want to do is play the game and I get that but the adults down there (some not all) exploit these kids all in the name of winning. There are no doubt some fine fine coaches and some really good kids so don't misunderstand my post. T$$AA is to blame for allowing double standards thus opening up the gate for corruption.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. But I have a problem with your post. First let me say I agree with you on the fact that some shady things have gone on in some of the Memphis schools. Your facts that you mention cannot be argued. I give you credit for that.

The main problem is that you say Memphis does this and Memphis does that and then you point to what a couple of schools have done wrong over the years. Being a former teacher in Shelby Co there are a lot of good, hard working and honest players and coaches at schools that do it the right way. You lumping all them together as you do discredits the hard work that dozens of high schools in the Memphis area are doing.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. But I have a problem with your post. First let me say I agree with you on the fact that some shady things have gone on in some of the Memphis schools. Your facts that you mention cannot be argued. I give you credit for that.

The main problem is that you say Memphis does this and Memphis does that and then you point to what a couple of schools have done wrong over the years. Being a former teacher in Shelby Co there are a lot of good, hard working and honest players and coaches at schools that do it the right way. You lumping all them together as you do discredits the hard work that dozens of high schools in the Memphis area are doing.

Look please don't get on here and insult our intelligence and say that every high school in Memphis that has a competitive basketball program doesn't recruit using the "open enrollment" and the aau programs there as tools to get them to enroll.  I said as  much in my post that there are some good coaches and some very good kids from that area but lets take a look at Mitchell for instance.  A school as small as that should not have that many good athletes year over year and they aren't just showing up because they live in that part of Memphis.   :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

Guess if they jump, you jump too?? Sorry if I hurt your feelings. So to all 3 of y'all, no one cares about the summer. AAA is loaded and should be a great finish to the season and even better tourney time.

I coach AAA in Memphis I know how good it is. My team is 21-1 right now. I think I know just a little bit about this stuff but thanks for your input.

So Memphis has open enrollment leaving middle school. Parents want their child in a program that in the last 5 years every senior received a scholarship. Every player on our squad was brought to us by their parent. When you work to build a program and not a team,and have disclipine kids will come. So please stop with your constant whining about Memphis. It is becoming more and more comical.

• Upvote 1

Look please don't get on here and insult our intelligence and say that every high school in Memphis that has a competitive basketball program doesn't recruit using the "open enrollment" and the aau programs there as tools to get them to enroll. I said as much in my post that there are some good coaches and some very good kids from that area but lets take a look at Mitchell for instance. A school as small as that should not have that many good athletes year over year and they aren't just showing up because they live in that part of Memphis. :popcorneater:

I thought you might just have a light bulb moment and realize that you comments were too broad and maybe you should step back a little. Guess not.

I may have painted that picture with a broad brush but there's no mystery as to why small schools like Mitchell are good every year.

Talent. I guess you don't understand that Memphis has the best talent across the nation and definitely the best talent in the state. They work hard in the summer, practice hard in October, play great basketball in November-March. What's the result??? State Championships!

Edited by TennesseeVol

Talent. I guess you don't understand that Memphis has the best talent across the nation and definitely the best talent in the state. They work hard in the summer, practice hard in October, play great basketball in November-March. What's the result??? State Championships!

Where does all this talent come from? Recruiting at the AAU level which is my point. Memphis is allowed to bring in kids from all over which is an unfair advantage.

Where does all this talent come from? Recruiting at the AAU level which is my point. Memphis is allowed to bring in kids from all over which is an unfair advantage.

All you do is cry and whine about what other schools are doing... So you telling me they not recruiting kids in Nashville or Knoxville area. The only thing is that the kids in those areas are not on the same talent level as Memphis kids. Memphis is a hotspot for talent, either tell your coaches to develop they players better or move on. In 2016 you should not be in your feelings about where players are going or how they getting there. Thanks good luck to Union City.