Riverdales Aydelott Resigns. New Era For Riverdale!

warrior82dad

So much back and forth regarding the coaching situation/change. Just when is it right to request a change? According to some, all you have to have is somebody who cares for the kids and not a successful "coach" which I completely disagree with. Some just want a winner no matter how the kids are treated...there are examples. I do not know why in this age why you can't have both. There are plenty of candidates that would fulfill both. If the coach is just a good guy but his record does not reflect winning, then why not request a change? Every coach deserves time for evaluation I might add. It is just interesting the different sides to this argument. Since my team does not play in the same class, I have no dog in the fight. Just want some input why either way.

one of the best assistant coaching staffs in Tn back  15 yrs or more with wit Coach Lassister..caring an d very experience and good coachesm and good men

Sarcasm or what?  I am dim these days when it comes to sarcasm.

My biggest want.  A coach that will talk and listen to his players.  Their being beat down with sarcasm needs to quit NOW!

Believe me, I am all for Riverdale and the players being successful.  I wish them the best.

The "sarcasm" is meant for the adults.

Interesting that a school with so much unhappiness and bitterness from the parents about the ways the previous coach and staff ran the program would hire from within. Seems like they would want to go outside to bring in excitement.

That would be interesting.  I would be uneasy with him taking over but doesn't mean that he couldn't do it.  Has he ever been around a successful program that was doing the right things and was headed in the right direction?

Who is Pemberton?  Where is he now?

Edited by TDCman

That would be interesting. I would be uneasy with him taking over but doesn't mean that he couldn't do it. Has he ever been around a successful program that was doing the right things and was headed in the right direction?

Who is Pemberton? Where is he now?

Pemberton was at Brentwood and is now at Rhea County. Really good and successful coach. If I remember correctly when he left Brentwood he really did a number on them by making a schedule of death and then bailing for Rhea. Made sure that Woodward would not be successful.

• Upvote 1