Mt Juliet 2016

BKisler

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your bears did a good job near the end of the season and should build upon that momentum going into spring and summer. Losing Coach Brown hurts but I'm sure Coach Parks will do well. His offense at CR was always pretty explosive. Getting Coach T back will be huge in my opinion. As for the region as a whole, I think it could come down to several teams including Mt Juliet, Ravenwood, and Overton. Ravenwood is kind of a toss up depending on who they get.

The weight room is intense and the players are aware of the expectations and have been holding themselves accountible.

Everyone is going up in weight and we are way ahead from where we were this time last year.  Players understand the fight for positions started months ago and they are showing who really wants it.

As far as starting positions: All positions are open at this point and will remain open until Spring is complete. Players understand that their position is never safe week in and week out and 100% effort will be required to maintain their depth chart status.

Backfield: We have several guys competing for the B-Back spot. Which include 3 upcoming sophomores and 3 upcoming Juniors.  All the up coming Juniors not only got quality playing time last season but all had TDs as well.

New formations added this year will give us the ability to have multiple backs in at once which means our backfield and o-line will be relied on heavily. All this to compliment the passing game provided by our Qb (a position spot which will be a battle Im excited to see) and our returning receivers.

I hope this is what you are looking for.  Should be a great and intense Spring. Come out and support.