Mt Juliet 2016

BKisler

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok not really sure why this thread turned into an all hail Gallatin Green Wave. Good for them I hope they are working hard. As for boasting in an MJ thread, go make your own.

Anyways, I'm intrigued by the upcoming season for the Bears. They appear to be strong in the weight room and their overall size, speed and athleticism looks to be much improved. This next season will tell us a lot about our coaching, so far I don't think Coach T could have done much better with the talent he's had the last 3 seasons. Now that I see what talent is returning next season and the fact this will be his fourth season coaching he has to prove himself now. There is really no excuse for a mediocre season. Key returners, Qb, almost all of our WR's, all of

Oline minus center, and most of our defense. You can't ask for much more foundation than that. The question is even though we see most of our defense returning, are they going to be up to par? They got torched quite a bit last year, and we lose our best linebacker. Too early to tell, but the offense might have to carry the team next season.

Bucs are working just as hard. As far as MJ against Gallatin it will be just like last year. Wave have too much speed and too many guys who can take it the distance. Mason will get his 250 and the Wave will win.

Stack the box and we will eat him alive just like every other team after us did. Being One dimensional doesn't win football games.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

You don't say? I would have almost guaranteed otherwise, luckily I'm not a gambling man...

You are lucky. You would have lost money the last several years vs. Gallatin.

Anyway, just excited about the matchup next season. Just adding to the conversation and I don't see any Gallatin posters boasting by the way. Good luck to Mount Juliet the rest of the way.

Edited by TheRealTruth

The weight room is intense and the players are aware of the expectations and have been holding themselves accountible.

Everyone is going up in weight and we are way ahead from where we were this time last year.  Players understand the fight for positions started months ago and they are showing who really wants it.

As far as starting positions: All positions are open at this point and will remain open until Spring is complete. Players understand that their position is never safe week in and week out and 100% effort will be required to maintain their depth chart status.

Backfield: We have several guys competing for the B-Back spot. Which include 3 upcoming sophomores and 3 upcoming Juniors.  All the up coming Juniors not only got quality playing time last season but all had TDs as well.

New formations added this year will give us the ability to have multiple backs in at once which means our backfield and o-line will be relied on heavily. All this to compliment the passing game provided by our Qb (a position spot which will be a battle Im excited to see) and our returning receivers.

I hope this is what you are looking for.  Should be a great and intense Spring. Come out and support.

Thanks for the info JCraig. The bears always put n hard work in the weight room. Looking forward to the Spring games. Any word on dates and who they will play. I would love to see at least one.

Anyone who takes the Bears lightly this year will regret it. This next season will be nothing like the last 3 years. We can talk about weight room, how great at practicing we are, eating clean, great behavior, etc etc..... The only thing that matters at the end of the day is a Win. Something we have lacked in recent years. We finally have the foundation set, now coaching and playcalling has to be up to par.

Also I was quite harsh on the Bears for lacking overall speed and athleticism. After following a few underclass men and checking on some hudl video highlights, I think this year could shift momentum in favor of more speed and agile players. It's early but all things are looking to fall into place.

MJGoldenbears, hearing some good stuff about MJ thus far. I read these posts and see some new additions to coaching staff. Weight room seems to always be solid for MJ. What puts them over the top this year. They seem to progressively get better each year the past three years. Usually only get to catch a few games during the year and wanted some input.

me too! Mj has gotten the best of us many times except for the last couple of years. Goodluck to the Golden Bears!

Those two teams have played some great games against tone another. Maybe Coach Hatfield and Coach T and work some thing out on the non conference schedule. Especially since both teams make the playoffs.