Top Dual teams all time in TN

anotherback

Bias aside, this Ryan team has to be one of the best wrestling teams the state has ever seen. An undefeated dual season that included matchups against Wilson Central, Cleveland, Bradley Central, Moeller (OH), Baylor (x3), and McCallie (x2)...it's almost unfathomable what Coach Simpson and the Irish accomplished this year.

I thought the Moeller wins were great. They are traditionally a athletic powerhouse. I'm sure the tourney was tough and it was great for Tn wrestling. Moeller was a powerhouse in football in the 60 70s and 80s. Might still be.

The real question is  if they are the best team ever from Father Ryan?  If I remember correctly there was a team back in the mid to late 90's that lost to a Mater Dei team that was ranked in the top 25 at the Mater Dei Invitational and then defeated that same Mater Dei team at the Father Ryan Invitational. 

Edited by cbg

I thought we were discussing this years Father Ryan team being one of the best ever? I think last years father Ryan team was better but faced much tougher competition. This is a down year for Tennessee wrestling Imho.

That is what we're discussing, you said earlier that you didn't think this years Ryan team could have beaten last years Cleveland team, I was just remarking that LAST years Ryan team beat last years Cleveland team.

The real question is if they are the best team ever from Father Ryan? If I remember correctly there was a team back in the mid to late 90's that lost to a Mater Dei team that was ranked in the top 25 at the Mater Dei Invitational and then defeated that same Mater Dei team at the Father Ryan Invitational.

I think that was 1998 and Zach Schultz (State Champ) won at 215 to clinch the Invitational?

It was a huge win and I don't think Mater Dei ever came back to our Invitational, but we have been up there a few times and wrestled well.