9AAA Baseball 2016

FightinIllini

Just curious, but how long has Portland been AAA?

over a decade, they were bumped up 2-3 years after winning the state in football. Football dropped down last year, we hear it may be a year or two before the other sports get to. We have right at 1000 kids in the school 9-12. It is what is. Still have to play. We have 22 total players, Freshman, JV, and varsity..... 

Hville gets a nice win tonight 5-0 over MJ as Wacaser throws a complete game 6 hit shutout. Coker had RBI singles in the 3rd and 5th, Fuller added an RBI single in the 6th and 2 more runs scored on a throwing error in the 6th. MJ pitcher Smith was very impressive only giving up 3 hits. I know Gallatin beat SC 7-3 and WC beat Beech 4-3. District is wide open and any one of 4 or 5 teams could win it.

MJ stranded 7-8 runners cannot do that and expect to win against Wacasser.  Wacasser had a solid outing and pitched like a sr.  H'ville approach at the plate was good.  No clear district winner yet.  Smith, Wacasser and McWilliams are the best I have seen so far.

Lebanon over MJ? What happened Illini?

MJ did not execute the plays in front of them. too many errors, pitching was sub-par... Bonds did not have a good feel for his curve ball... Smith (soph) was in and out of the zone, walked one, hit one.  Infield throwing errors, outfield throwing errors,  .  We had 6 sophomores on the field and while I get the line-up from a talent perspective..... in district games sometimes it's best to come out of the bullpen with a senior that has been in those situations with a fresh arm rather than the same pitcher that just threw the night before against the same team.   MJ has tons of talent, but frankly a year away from making any noise.  too many one dimensional players and not sharp at all.

And I might add, Lebanon did what they had to do to win the game, the ole show bunt pull back and swing trick.... too bad one of their batters took a 90 + in the hand,  I heard it was broken.... I hope the young man is ok......

Kind of bush league on Lebanon's part , but hey they hit when they needed to hit.  Maybe it will wake up the MJ players to the fact that they are not as good as they think they are... and how bad do they want to correct their mental mistakes in order to win.

Lastly, after the Lebanon coach threw his starting pitcher at least 115-120 pitches , plus pre-game warmup and between innings he thew at least 165-175 pitches total , I would urge the AD at Leb to have a serious talk with Veetetoo about arm care, injury prevention and over use to the point of abuse.  The kid might not play past high school, but he might want to play golf, go fishing or lift a glass of tea... 

that pretty much sums it up.

Edited by FightinIllini

Hville defeats Smyrna 3-0 behind a 1 hit shutout by Fuller. For the offense Coker, Larsen, and Williams each had 2 hits. Last night the Commandos defeated FC 4-1 on a combined 2 hitter by Hansen and Dorris. Big week coming up as the Commandos face a much improved Gallatin squad Tues. and Wed.

Mondo44 here are the photos from the Hville vs Portland series, please pass them on to any Hville parent. https://www.facebook.com/randy.dixon.35/media_set?set=a.10206362332912436.1073742074.1090911915&type=3&pnref=story

bigcheif here is the Portland vs East Nashville https://www.facebook.com/randy.dixon.35/media_set?set=a.10206218559838199.1073742067.1090911915&type=3

Our season as most know has took a turn. Against Hume Fogg, we had 3 sr starting and 6 Sophomores and Freshmen playing, we have also lost two for the season last week due to injuries. Will be interesting to see how they respond. Good luck to the rest in our district. 

Hville defeats Gallatin 4-0 behind a 4 hit shutout from Williams. He led the offense with a solo HR in the 4th inning breaking up a scoreless game. Both pitchers threw a lot of strikes as the game took only 1:37. Hville won last night against the Wave 5-2 behind a 12 strikeout game from Wacaser. Big games coming up against the Bucs next Tuesday and Wednesday to finish out the district schedule.