District 3A MVP

TFL

Well season is drawing to a close, what's everyone's thoughts on who it will narrow down between for the MVP in district 3A? I have seen all teams play and I think it will come down between Arnold (GCA) and Meadows (Meigs) both great players, I feel like Meadows is a better scorer (with Arnold not far behind) and Arnold is a better defender! Gonna be fun to watch those two battle Friday night , Let's hear some more opinions!

Edited by TFL

Well season is drawing to a close, what's everyone's thoughts on who it will narrow down between for the MVP in district 3A? I have seen all teams play and I think it will come down between Arnold (GCA) and Meadows (Meigs) both great players, I feel like Meadows is a better scorer (with Arnold not far behind) and Arnold is a better defender! Gonna be fun to watch those two battle Friday night , Let's hear some more opinions!

Thanks for the compliment to Connor. If he lost out on the MVP to Meadows I could sleep well but I know who I am voting for. :thumb: Oh wait, I can't vote LOL......both great kids and great players. I took this picture of them last game. Mom said that one is going in the scrapbook.

https://twitter.com/EricArnoldTN/status/687135023665950722

We have a page dedicated to Connor's battles with Matthew and Meigs. That is what HS ball is really all about, the guys, respect for the game, and battling hard. We could potentially see Meigs 4 more times this year. LOL. Wouldn't that be great! 

Notice both players are #41 is that weird or what??????

Edited by 12thmanGCA

For Meigs, I predict to see Matthew Meadows MVP ,Zy Moore and Cam Harris on 1st team for Meigs, with Clint Oliver possibly on 2nd team, if Jesse Rayl had stayed healthy and I had a vote he take someone's place somewhere considering he is by far the best defender on the best team in the District! I don't have a vote , this is not the exact way I would vote if I had one , these are just my predictions.

Edited by TFL

Had not heard this, if so congrats as well. Do you have the first team and second team All District players info as well? I have not seen any of that

I was told by the sportswriter from the DPA (Athens Newspaper) just of the 2 MVP and girls COY, he said the rest of the information will be available Monday! Just relaying what I have been told , if any of this information is incorrect , I apologize !

Had our hands full with Tellico tonight. Won 61-51 but we were mentally not there much of the game. Long drive and tough place to play after last nights Meigs battle. Connor is beat up and had a horrible cold today. He needs a week off.

Side note, what the heck is going on in Tellico? Coach Cooper didnt make it one season? Somebody in the stands said a momma was on a witch hunt.......

They are on their 3rd coach in 8 months. That is the Dave Barnes TN approach huh?

Had our hands full with Tellico tonight. Won 61-51 but we were mentally not there much of the game. Long drive and tough place to play after last nights Meigs battle. Connor is beat up and had a horrible cold today. He needs a week off.

Side note, what the heck is going on in Tellico? Coach Cooper didnt make it one season? Somebody in the stands said a momma was on a witch hunt.......

They are on their 3rd coach in 8 months. That is the Dave Barnes TN approach huh?

Seems like there was an incident a few weeks back where some players were suspended and one or two of them quit. Maybe something stemmed from that? There's no way they can attract any good coach now. Shame, too, because they have some decent players coming up from the middle school.

• Upvote 1

Seems like there was an incident a few weeks back where some players were suspended and one or two of them quit. Maybe something stemmed from that? There's no way they can attract any good coach now. Shame, too, because they have some decent players coming up from the middle school.

tellicos fan base had ran off two good coaches now just because kids have an attitude and the coaches chose to discipline them. This is why tellico basketball will stay right where they are. And like tiger nation said they have a very strong jr high team. But with no leadership or direction not sure they will accomplish much in high school if they see and think they can get away with anything they do with no repurcussions

Had not heard this, if so congrats as well. Do you have the first team and second team All District players info as well? I have not seen any of that

Verified, not sure of the complete All Disrict team , if you have that information it would be great if you could share! On a side note Zy had 34pts 14 rebounds last night, that makes 86 Pts and 56 rebounds in the past 4 games! He and Meadows are gonna be a doubled headed monster these next few weeks!! Edited by TFL