Adamsville boys get penalized for using ineligible player

Macnarry

The Adamsville Cardinals have been penalized by the TSSAA and will have to forfeit two wins from this season that the ineligible player participated in.

We all know that Adamsville's football and basketball teams would never stoop to recruiting, but they finally got caught. They played a former McNairy Central player knowing he had practiced in the spring at MCHS.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha you are just so butt hurt you cant stand it. The violation was self reported after the school found out your new head football/baseball/athletic director lied on his statement that the players last participation was Dec 14th not the spring like it was actually. So nothing to do with recruiting. It was called unhappy with direction of sports programs up on the hill. I agree Aville Coach should have made for dang sure when the date was. You think when a professional makes a statement in an official capacity it should be at least partly truthful.

I have been told the information on whether the player played in the spring was left off the Adamsville information. That was an automatic red flag to the NCAA.

The last time I checked both teams were having losing seasons. But at least the Bobcats do it with their own players and not players from another school.

If the player had not been recruited to AHS, there would be no reason for a penalty.

I have been told the information on whether the player played in the spring was left off the Adamsville information. That was an automatic red flag to the NCAA.

The last time I checked both teams were having losing seasons. But at least the Bobcats do it with their own players and not players from another school.

If the player had not been recruited to AHS, there would be no reason for a penalty.

NCAA??

And since you have evidence of adamsville recruiting why don't you turn them in???

We recruited a kid that didnt appreciate the way he was treated by your Coach. Lol. We dont have to recruit your kids. They are coming on their own because they are tired of the crap they are seeing at Central. Its in every sport and its really sad. Mcnairy could be a great place to play but the administration and their buddy groups are driving it into the ground.

These types of things happen. No one is cheating. No one is crooked. No one is stealing players. Parents don't like something, the student changes school. The student athlete doesn't like something, he leaves for what seems to be greener pastures. Things happen and students change schools. This isn't the first and it won't be the last.

Now ... take what happened at Adamsville, and move that scenario to the city of Memphis. It's multiplied by 10. Catching my drift?

It happens. Adamsville will take their 2 game penalty and move on. End of story.

Cardfan, 'We recruited a kid'  If you do not know the rules that has been illegal for a long time. Adamsville's two best players should be playing for the Bobcats. The recruiting may be about to come to an end. Better enjoy playing with just playing Adamsville boys.

If your school will agree to play McNairy next season, chalk up two losses for the red team. I do not think your football team will play McNairy. They want to buy a game with the Middletons of the football world.

Adamsville said they self-reported the violation. That is funny considering the TSSAA called them and told them he could not play anymore.  They later called the TSSAA and self-reported the violation.  I can read the Independent-Appeal. Can you?

McNairy will be playing in the region tournament. We will see if you can make it by beating Jackson Christian.

Ironically, your top two players should be Bobcats. I guess you forgot to self-report any problems in getting them to campus.

Its called free choice. Kids have a choice which school they attend. I will type really slow for you. All kids in McNairy County have the choice between 2 schools as to which school they would like to attend. So if they live in the county then they could go to either school. Neither school has a territory or zone other than the County lines. Cry me a river. Maybe you should spend your time digging your own programs out of the shambles they are in and quit worrying about ol little brother. Boo hoo.