Mr. Basketball finalist's

UCSportsFan

Key may be a very good, but Nick Hopkins has comparable, if not slightly better numbers:

Averaging 35.9 ppg, 6.3 rbg, 3.1 asg, 3.5 spg, over 2600 career points, free throw career avg. of 80.2%, 38.2% for 3 pointers, 54.7% for two's, and I'm not sure what his GPA is.

Having seen Hopkins and Foster play in this tough 9-A region for the past several years has been eye-opening. But my vote, for what it is, goes to Nick.

Key may be a very good, but Nick Hopkins has comparable, if not slightly better numbers:

Averaging 35.9 ppg, 6.3 rbg, 3.1 asg, 3.5 spg, over 2600 career points, free throw career avg. of 80.2%, 38.2% for 3 pointers, 54.7% for two's, and I'm not sure what his GPA is.

Having seen Hopkins and Foster play in this tough 9-A region for the past several years has been eye-opening. But my vote, for what it is, goes to Nick.

I would have to agree about Key. He is averaging 30.2 ppg, 7.4 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 2.9 steals, 1400+ points, 78% free throw, 41% 3-pointers, 64% field goal, and a 3.2 GPA.

I look at Mr. Basketball I also take into the team and there is no way Clay is 25-2 1st in 7A without Key. They are a real contender for a gold ball with Key in the lineup. Not to mention Key is an absolute class act. He doesn't show out, run his mouth, or talk trash which is unheard of in today's youth or sports.

Tee would be my vote for AAA, kid is an absolute monster and probably the best player in the state.

I can't comment on AA as I haven't seen them play.

Class A Mr. Basketball FinalistsKobe Foster, Huntland[/size]Tyreke Key, Clay County[/size]Nicholas Hopkins, Fayetteville[/size]Class AA Mr. Basketball FinalistsAustin Douglas, Cheatham County[/size]Bo Hodges, Maplewood[/size]Garrett Sams, Westview[/size]Class AAA Mr. Basketball FinalistsTee Higgins, Oak Ridge[/size]Nathan Hoover, Arlington[/size]Alex Lomax, Memphis East[/size]

Lets hear everyone's thoughts on the finalist's and who do you think wins each class.[/size]

Tyreke Key should be a lock for Class A.  He is one of the best players in the state of Tn regardless of classification.[/size]

Class A. should be Hopkins. He is the top scorer in the entire state of Tennessee. Averaging 35.9 points per game and third in the nation for scoring per Maxprep.

But he's on a team that's not good. Put either of the other two players on his team they would have those numbers. Being on a good to should matter. Put Foster or Key on a bad team and their numbers would be there Key averaging 30 points a game on a team ranked 3rd in the state and their schedule strength is rated 8th by coacht

Last year Fayetteville ranked at number one in Class A at one point and Hopkins finished the season with an average of 22.2 PPG. Fayetteville finished season going 23-5, unfortunately Fayetteville lost there only post player with size and season came up short. Hopkins is the only returning starter this year and has done a pretty good job. Team lacks size. Hopkins has matched up with Huntland's (Foster) twice this season, I recalled Hopkins finishing with 40 points one game and 54 the other.

Last year Fayetteville ranked at number one in Class A at one point and Hopkins finished the season with an average of 22.2 PPG. Fayetteville finished season going 23-5, unfortunately Fayetteville lost there only post player with size and season came up short. Hopkins is the only returning starter this year and has done a pretty good job. Team lacks size. Hopkins has matched up with Huntland's (Foster) twice this season, I recalled Hopkins finishing with 40 points one game and 54 the other.

That's my point he has to take the shots has no help. Key averaging 30 on around 14-15 attempts a game has a good balance around him.

Balance team or No balance team, this Hopkins kid is a true scoring guard. I have watched this kid double teamed his whole career and he still seam to score with little effort. 2700 points and counting is pretty impressive. I also watched this kid play on ESPN this summer on the number 1 ranked EYBL team in the county, Georgia Stars. They won the Peach Jam Championship and finished season number one in Nation. Hopkins scored against all of the top ranked players in the country. I see why this kid is a Belmont signee.

Edited by victorT