Tri-County Seven Final Regular Season Post

etownsparky

1. Elizabethton (27-0) – Betsy continues to roll and remains #1 in the AP Class 2A state poll. The Lady Cyclones have played extremely well over the last eight games and wound up the regular season without a loss to capture the TRC crown.
  2. Happy Valley (20-8) – The Lady Warriors are playing good basketball.  They wrapped up the third spot in the TRC.
  3. Hampton (16-11) – Have been a little inconsistent. Finished third in the WVC. Got another big win over Grainger at home.
  4. Cloudland (13-12) – This team is young but got a good win over Unicoi recently.
  5. Unaka (16-11) – Another young team that has won a few straight to end the season.
  6. Unicoi County (10-18) – Finished fourth in the TRC in front of Sullivan North and Johnson County.
  7. Johnson County (2-21) – The Lady Longhorns were winless in the TRC and finished in sixth place.  Will likely make an early exit in the District tournament.

District tournaments start next week. SG and EHS are the obvious favorites in the WVC and TRC tournaments, respectively.  We'll see how it turns out.  Good luck to all.

Please provide commentary regarding your thoughts and the teams you support.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, why if competition is so hard to find does Etown not play SG? Is it SG or Etowns fault? Etown plays NO really good teams, and with one right up the road. Just seems like someone is avoiding a loss.

Etown would take south greene to the woodshed.  They are not in the same ball park.  I'd bet a million dollars Elizabethton would win by 20+ every time

Just a question, why if competition is so hard to find does Etown not play SG? Is it SG or Etowns fault? Etown plays NO really good teams, and with one right up the road. Just seems like someone is avoiding a loss.

EHS and SG were in the same conference until SG dropped down in classification and the districts were redrawn. There are only so many non-conference games. This year EHS scheduled Science Hill and Daniel Boone which were supposed to be the best in the Big 7. I don't know why they didn't schedule each other this year, but regardless, I think it's a little presumptuous to assume that Betsy would be avoiding a loss by playing them.  Why can't you and some of the other detractors on here focus on posting positive things about the team or teams that you support rather than criticize those you know little or nothing about?

Etown would take south greene to the woodshed. They are not in the same ball park. I'd bet a million dollars Elizabethton would win by 20+ every time

Won't happen cause they might lose. Just a shame, probably be a huge sellout and start a huge rivalry game every year. Would be good for basketball in that area. U

I have seen Elizabethtown play 3 times this year and south greene play twice.Elizabethton would win as bad as they wanted to. The only way they could stay with in 20 is if they shot the ball very well and elizabethton shot poorly which I have yet to see. A lot of people don't realize that Elizabethton start 5 college players. The Marosite twins and Shubert are d1 players with Shubert I believe could play small d1 nothing acc or sec like some people are saying. Than you have Kiser who will more than likely play at the d2 level or is at least capable with her shooting ability. Along with Perry who I think could be a good player at a school like King or Milligan. They would beat a lot of jv boys teams in this area. What bench players they do play do a good job of coming in and being productive and not turning the ball over and taking good shots. You rarely see a team of this caliber that is so complete all over the floor with their ability to shoot the ball and guard other teams the way they do. The only way I could see them losing a game is at the Boro because that is one of the toughest gyms to shoot at Especially high percentage. Either way this has been a very unforgettable year for the lady cyclones.

As a Rebel fan, I would say Elizabethton would win and win big. They have an awesome team and the experience. SG is young. No seniors. One Junior, and the rest are Freshman and Sophomores. They are a great team, but not the same caliber as Elizabethton this year. I'm not sure why we are even trying to compare the teams. SG has proven they will play anyone. They wouldn't back down from Elizabethton as I'm sure Elizabethton wouldnt back down from them. There isn't enough time and space to schedule everyone. SGs schedule is proven as I believe their schedule strength is ranked 16th on CoachT, which is higher than any other team's I have looked at. And Elizabethton has dominated their schedule. My hope is that both teams make it to the boro in their conference and prove themselves there.

South greene is a very formidable 1a team. They should make some noise at state. I saw them play cloudland and I was impressed with the guard and post play. They move the ball around well and their athleticism makes them hard to guard. When you have a successful program like the lady cyclones, you're gonna have people spewing sour grapes. I don't understand it but these people have issues

Still a SG vs Etown regular season game would be great for bball in that area, what a rivalry it could become especially after this year. Big money game for both schools to.

I agree SG vs EHS would be a good regular season game. Morristown West would be another good one. I wish Betsy had played both this year but they didn't. Regardless, I think all three have an excellent chance to represent ET in Mboro. Time will tell.

I agree SG vs EHS would be a good regular season game. Morristown West would be another good one. I wish Betsy had played both this year but they didn't. Regardless, I think all three have an excellent chance to represent ET in Mboro. Time will tell.

I think that atmosphere would be great for younger players. Would generate alot of interest.