Bearden high

Olddawg1948x

I don;t Know if any Bearden people post on here or even care what is happening at BHS. What I have heard is that the principal does not like, has a grudge against BHS sports people, mainly coaches and some boosters/alumni. Check his background and see about his old job and the money, then you are on the right trail. The lame duck Mcantire has supported him but now he is gone. His BHS school board chairman has lost his power. Maybe the principal is on thin ice. Blevins backed both of them down and still has his job. Maybe Blevins knows something on Bartlett. that is my guess. Follow the money and how he and his new football coach who has systematicaly  run off everyone with BHS ties/alumni. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. Ask any current BHS teacher of former one who has been run off and see what they say about the principal. BHS nickname is the Titantic. Either Bartlett is going to get you fired,runoff ,suspended, or just make you so sick of what he the AD, the head football coach is doing you just want to get out. Google Bartlett's name and see what happened at Loudon High school. The same thing s going on at BHS. What happened to the US Cellular money? Why could not football pay its bills on fall? Look at the money and you will find where the bodies are buried. Wtih out Mcyntire he is a lame duck. BHS kept on of the local papers in business for 2 years and that was an embarrassment. Name a coach that is still there before Bartlett came that is still there. Then look at the success of the coaches he has hired? Bartlett has the support of the foundation and they have tried to use money how he wants is used, not how alumni has want it used.

The bottom line is Bartlett thought his son was not promoted enough to get a football scholarship so he got mad and decided to take it out on some BHS people. Bartlett also got into some arguments with some old BHS people over some money and that even added to the grudge against BHS boosters/alumni/coaches.

This is a huge loss for the kids.  Mark Blevins is an awesome teacher and he is as good a basketball coach as Bearden has had in the modern day, and my experience with Bearden High goes back to the early 70s, and yes - I am an alum.  I hate to see him leave, but with the way he was muzzled after his return it hardly surprises me.  

I've said all along that high school sports would be a much better experience if the parents just stayed the heck out of the way and let the coaches coach.  And I say that as a father who had a son play two sports in high school.  I'd love to see a "50 yard buffer zone" between parents and coaches.  Helicopter parents aren't doing their children any favors by getting in the middle of what they don't need to be in the middle of.  You aren't going to be there all of their lives.  Let them grow up.  

OK, I will get off of my soap box now.