LIPSCOMB

WaReAgLe3

Adam Sonn has had better players than Lipscomb the last few years. That is the bottom line. It usually is. Lipscomb does not attract the same kids it used to. CPA gets them. CPA is the "trendy" place to be right now. He understands you have to have the talent to make the coach look good. There is no way you saw any Lipscomb game this year and thought they have the athletes to compete in that district. You lose the only one you had that could play with the others to graduation. Your JV team lost to a metro freshman team. Rose colored glasses. This is not just a coach fix. This has not happened overnight.

Funny you bring up NCS when you ran the coach off. You could have started the process in the right direction then, but chose to retread the tires instead. Get what you pay for.

Good grief...you are not the Lipscomb insider you claim to be. The coach that left Lipscomb to go to NCS was coaching the 7th grade and prior to that coached the varsity. What "right direction" are you talking about. The definition of a "retread" would be bringing him back to coach.

Man, tough crowd in here today. To be clear, I am not associated with Lipscomb at all. I do not have a "dog in this hunt" whatsoever. Any references to "we" should be directed to someone else. I just happen to be quite familiar with the program (as I am with a few other programs in the area, such as Goodpasture) due to community relationships, and relationships with a few of the coaches. 

It is correct to say that the situation at Lipscomb did not occur overnight. That is a large part of the problem. Over the last 5-6 years, there have been more than a handful of players - really good athletes - guys who excelled on the football field, on the AAU circuit, etc. - who would have really helped Lipscomb, or could have helped them in the future. For whatever reason - maybe they didn't fit the strict Lipscomb "system" - they are no longer in the program. So, to say that they don't have the talent is telling only half the story. Regardless, a good coach can turn around a program even with talent limitations. When Sonn arrived at Goodpasture, they were a losing team. He took the same roster, with one additional transfer, and won immediately (in year 1 in AA and then in year 2 took them to State in A). Carlton Battle took a Whites Creek team that didn't win a single game the previous year and changed their culture, made them competitive in year 1 and took them to State in year 2. Other than Ruot, they are young and aren't that overly talented. There are countless other examples. 

As I said in a previous post, all it takes is the right leadership. Everything else, including talent, will fall into place.

Good grief...you are not the Lipscomb insider you claim to be. The coach that left Lipscomb to go to NCS was coaching the 7th grade and prior to that coached the varsity. What "right direction" are you talking about. The definition of a "retread" would be bringing him back to coach.

Pickens was the "retread" since he had been coach previously before being brought back out to coach. McPherson was indeed your varsity coach prior to going to NCS. He had been demoted to "7th Grade" from varsity.

You can spin it any way you want to but facts are facts. This didn't happen overnight. You will need to pray for a middle D2 division to bring basketball back

Pickens was the "retread" since he had been coach previously before being brought back out to coach. McPherson was indeed your varsity coach prior to going to NCS. He had been demoted to "7th Grade" from varsity.

You can spin it any way you want to but facts are facts. This didn't happen overnight. You will need to pray for a middle D2 division to bring basketball back

Your last sentence is not accurate. All they need is a few quality transfers like some schools/coaches seem to routinely get to turn the program around.