Riverdale Football 2016

warhawks

Someone correct me if i'm wrong! When my son played @ Riverdale each player received a duffle bag with name and number, shorts maybe a couple pairs, socks, sweats and a sweatshirt, tshirts and cleats and there may have been a few other things included. I'm not sure if that is still what they get for the 400.00 or if they have tweaked that at all. This is just from what I remember give or take! GO WARRIORS!!!!! :hungry::hungry::popcorneater:

This is what they still get. 400 is a good price for all they get

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry, I have been involved with Riverdale since 1994. Our county does not provide any money for extra curriculars, including sports. Every year freshmen band parents, sports parents and others are surprised to hear that.

The county I am in does not fund extracurriculars either but is limited to charging student athletes $100 for all athletics.

$400 is a really steep price in my opinion even if they get all that is listed.

The county I am in does not fund extracurriculars either but is limited to charging student athletes $100 for all athletics.

In years gone by the Booster Club paid ALOT of it.  No kid that wanted to play did without.  Facts are income is WAY down from lack of concession sales as attendance is way down for R'dale football.

Also NO kid was left behind on the Ohio trip, even though it cost $400 per player.  Boosters helped a bunch that year.  Prime example is the liquor store owner at the end of Warrior Drive paid for my son and a couple more I hear.

Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Jerseys etc cost way more than $400.  Im sure they are given an opportunity to raise that money not just paying it out of pocket.  

Lets face is guys, $400 is a lot of money for these kids who don't work and come from low income homes. The booster ask them to sell thing but as we all know its the families who usually buy them and many still cant afford them. If we could get 10 people to step up and pay for one players fees we could see our roster grow.

I know it had to be more then what yall guys was saying on the old posts. I understand you guys now. Hey if I'm paying all these fees and putting money into the program I wanna win too lol

For some of us the money was not relevant.  Some of us REALLY cared what the direction the program was going and was having on the kids.  For example I REALLY appreciated the Booster who paid for my son's Ohio trip.  This was in addition to what I had already paid that year.  About a month later I hit the lottery and was able to start helping and paying it forward for other folks to do the same.  That was also the year I paid for one student in every HS in Rutherford County to be a plus member on here so every school would have at least one voice on here.

Now that that is behind us, we are ALL looking forward to good times, AGAIN!

Now bring on Spring Ball.......and agilities........and weight room WORK!

For some of us the money was not relevant. Some of us REALLY cared what the direction the program was going and was having on the kids. For example I REALLY appreciated the Booster who paid for my son's Ohio trip. This was in addition to what I had already paid that year. About a month later I hit the lottery and was able to start helping and paying it forward for other folks to do the same. That was also the year I paid for one student in every HS in Rutherford County to be a plus member on here so every school would have at least one voice on here.

Now that that is behind us, we are ALL looking forward to good times, AGAIN!

Now bring on Spring Ball.......and agilities........and weight room WORK!

one thing I can say about Rutherford County all you guys stick together and most of y'all seem genuine. I love that and good luck to your program