Union City Golden Tornadoes 2016

BigSwo

Okay this should generate some debate. It's way early but here's how I see 7A shaking out come the end of October.

#1,#2

Union City and Dresden. This one is a toss up. Our Tornadoes have some big question marks on defense, but the O will do what it does. The Lions will have to address their front five and find a kicker. Region 7A champ is the winner of this match up.

Peabody. They lost a lot of guys to graduation, but they have a "Program" and will recover very quickly. With UC moving to 2A in 2017 and the Lions losing several to graduation, the Tide will take over #1 spot in 2017.

Lake County. Yes, you read that right. This will be the big surprise of the region. Speed, speed and more speed. They are due a big upswing in success and it starts this fall. They will be a contender for the Region Champs in a few years.

South Fulton. It will be normal old business for the Red Devils. Some old issues are rearing their ugly heads.

Humboldt. I hate to see such a tradition rich program slip into the abyss, that's where they are headed. They always have athletes, but lack discipline.

West Carroll. They are the box of chocolates of the region. Never know what your going to get.

Greenfield. Struggle, struggle, struggle.

Gleason. No numbers but big on heart.

Opinions?

I agree also. This Lion team has more talent than any team in history (IMO). I just hope they will put in the work and be willing to not give up when they get smacked around. After this year we will struggle for a few years, maybe more. Several good middle school players opting to not play HS ball. Not sure the reasoning but it is worrisome. 

Okay this should generate some debate. It's way early but here's how I see 7A shaking out come the end of October.

#1,#2

Union City and Dresden. This one is a toss up. Our Tornadoes have some big question marks on defense, but the O will do what it does. The Lions will have to address their front five and find a kicker. Region 7A champ is the winner of this match up.

Peabody. They lost a lot of guys to graduation, but they have a "Program" and will recover very quickly. With UC moving to 2A in 2017 and the Lions losing several to graduation, the Tide will take over #1 spot in 2017.

Lake County. Yes, you read that right. This will be the big surprise of the region. Speed, speed and more speed. They are due a big upswing in success and it starts this fall. They will be a contender for the Region Champs in a few years.

South Fulton. It will be normal old business for the Red Devils. Some old issues are rearing their ugly heads.

Humboldt. I hate to see such a tradition rich program slip into the abyss, that's where they are headed. They always have athletes, but lack discipline.

West Carroll. They are the box of chocolates of the region. Never know what your going to get.

Greenfield. Struggle, struggle, struggle.

Gleason. No numbers but big on heart.

Opinions?

Box of chocolates analogy just summed up WCs football history

• 2 weeks later...

2016 Schedule

Aug 19       South Fulton     A

Aug 26        Mem. Mitchell  H

Sept 2         Peabody          H

Sept 9         Gleason           A

Sept 16       Mem. N. Side   H

Sept. 23      Humboldt         H

Sept  30      Greenfield        A

Oct 7           West Carroll     H

Oct 14         Dresden           A

Oct 21         Lake Co.          H

No long trips this year. Hopefully our longest trip will be to Cookeville.

2016 Schedule

Aug 19       South Fulton     A

Aug 26        Mem. Mitchell  H

Sept 2         Peabody          H

Sept 9         Gleason           A

Sept 16       Mem. N. Side   H

Sept. 23      Humboldt         H

Sept  30      Greenfield        A

Oct 7           West Carroll     H

Oct 14         Dresden           A

Oct 21         Lake Co.          H

No long trips this year. Hopefully our longest trip will be to Cookeville.

good schedule