District 3A

gcapride

Makes sense to me... Meigs is off to a good start. In 4a, a couple different people told that by the end of the year last year CF was the 2nd best team in the district, but not eligible for postseason. They only had one senior on that team... I know they return one of the two best pitchers in the district in the Morgan kid as well.

you could very well be right. Completely overlooked CF. Maybe bc they weren't eligible. Is Parker playing?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could very well be right. Completely overlooked CF. Maybe bc they weren't eligible. Is Parker playing?

Mckinney not playing I heard..too bad, he could help them. Looks like CF blanked OS last night 8-0, if coach t is correct. Talked to a couple umps who've had GCA...they said, yes they're still the top team in 3a, but certainly beatable this year...down a bit overall.

Mckinney not playing I heard..too bad, he could help them. Looks like CF blanked OS last night 8-0, if coach t is correct. Talked to a couple umps who've had GCA...they said, yes they're still the top team in 3a, but certainly beatable this year...down a bit overall.

Umps have opinions? :o isn't that illegal? lol seriously though, I had been told before McKinney ever got to high school baseball was probably what he was best at. Could this be the year D4 steals one from D3 in the region semis? Early to start talking about but it seems like it's going to be fairly even

Umps have opinions? :o isn't that illegal? lol seriously though, I had been told before McKinney ever got to high school baseball was probably what he was best at. Could this be the year D4 steals one from D3 in the region semis? Early to start talking about but it seems like it's going to be fairly even

Not sure on that, but you might be right....baseball might be where he could possibly have an advantage athletically and in size... and project to a higher level in college. Haven't seen him in couple of years... not sure he had had the best fundamental coaching on the baseball diamond up to that time, (MS & before). Good athletic skills, just raw. I'm sure the baseball team up there would like to find out.

Kind of opposite the other two sports, where he is more polished.

He's a good athlete in the other two, excellent skills but maybe not elite athletically (D1) in those two sports... I'm guessing a bit there.

Very good player for sure though... really, really good all around to watch in hoops...

I'd say the D4 teams would be happy with 2nd in region... figuring they'd have a good shot at state tourney vs region 1. Much like Oneida last year... albeit with a bit of help of an early game ejection of the NG player.

2ond will have a good chance at our 1. I think my Bulldogs are gonna improve as the season goes by. I'm sure not ready to throw in the towel. Very few small schools are good at all 3 sports . We just need more of the better athletes from the other 2 sports. I know of 3 that would make us much better.

District 1 seems like a crap shoot. The same UH team that beat NG only beat Cloudland by 1. Unaka and Hampton both split with SG, with Unaka looking just tad better than the other two (might be alittle bias there) on account of their 9-0 victory against the Rebels. Cloudland looks improved (that's the product of a better coach) but will still struggle to get out of the cellar.

Just from early appearances it looks like several teams are going to be in the hunt for the 4-A title.  OS has played the most conference games and at 5-1 they seem to be sitting pretty, but they could slip if they got most of those wins from Jellico and Sunbright?  Not sure who they have played so far.  Oneida is still pretty good and Oakdale seems to have one of the strongest pitchers.  Not sure how Coalfield's staff is on the hill.....that will determine where they will finish.  I think that is the top four, but don't know how it will shake out. 

Kaz

Just from early appearances it looks like several teams are going to be in the hunt for the 4-A title.  OS has played the most conference games and at 5-1 they seem to be sitting pretty, but they could slip if they got most of those wins from Jellico and Sunbright?  Not sure who they have played so far.  Oneida is still pretty good and Oakdale seems to have one of the strongest pitchers.  Not sure how Coalfield's staff is on the hill.....that will determine where they will finish.  I think that is the top four, but don't know how it will shake out. 

Kaz

Word is that CF gave one away to OS...apparently couldn't throw a strike in one inning. They have one of the better 2 or 3 pitchers in district...so, they'll be tough to sweep. Saw them with the Morgan kid on the mound... they look really tough when he's there. Similiar to Oakdale... After that CF must be a tad sketchier on the mound if they lost OS, who is very average. WB, Oneida and OD together will probably win 5 out of the 6 games vs them. Yea, sounds like Jellico and Sunbright are really, really bad. I heard WB stole one from Oneida when they had pitching issues similiar to CF vs OS.

Grace seems to be rounding into shape. Beat a solid team from PA in a 2 game series this weekend. Pitching will be the key, as with all small schools. Its a long season, hope those bats start catching fire. Congrats to the 3 Ram SR's that signed to play at the next level. Hard work and training pays off.