Smoky Bears 2016 defending 5A state runner up

gobears89

Ok let's face it the Dollywood express has lost the DDDs. My computer has also ran out of purple ink so it's not the end of days in Sevierville just a changing of the guard. This team will be young in the skill positions but not without talent. Sophomores at qb,tb, and multiple wrs are going to have to grow up fast as in week 1! That will be tough but I think the offensive coaching staff will have them as ready as possible. Defensively they have about 6 starters returning and should be ahead of the offense early on and I think they can be pretty good on that side right away so hopefully they can keep it close while the young o finds its way.Tough early season schedule will help in the long run but a rough start as far as wins is a real possibility. Luckily the region is not strong so a decent region record could still get some home playoff games and a shot at the 3rd round of playoffs which would be as good as one could hope for this year. I don't think a region championship is out of the question but I think it could be wide open in 1 5A. This team will be good by the end of the season and that's when it counts. The main problem this years team will have is lack of seniors you need old guys to win and this team will be almost all sophomores and juniors. I think only about 4-6 seniors in the starting 22. Also no real star power just a typical well coached Smoky Bears squad that can win any night is what I expect and hope to see. Record could be anywhere from 7-4, 8-4 to 5-6, 6-5 depending on how well they develope and what kind of luck they have along the way. Spring practice coming up so hopefully some surprises as well. I'm hearing some transfer rumors maybe they will add some star power!

GoBears!!

Ok let's face it the Dollywood express has lost the DDDs. My computer has also ran out of purple ink so it's not the end of days in Sevierville just a changing of the guard. This team will be young in the skill positions but not without talent. Sophomores at qb,tb, and multiple wrs are going to have to grow up fast as in week 1! That will be tough but I think the offensive coaching staff will have them as ready as possible. Defensively they have about 6 starters returning and should be ahead of the offense early on and I think they can be pretty good on that side right away so hopefully they can keep it close while the young o finds its way.Tough early season schedule will help in the long run but a rough start as far as wins is a real possibility. Luckily the region is not strong so a decent region record could still get some home playoff games and a shot at the 3rd round of playoffs which would be as good as one could hope for this year. I don't think a region championship is out of the question but I think it could be wide open in 1 5A. This team will be good by the end of the season and that's when it counts. The main problem this years team will have is lack of seniors you need old guys to win and this team will be almost all sophomores and juniors. I think only about 4-6 seniors in the starting 22. Also no real star power just a typical well coached Smoky Bears squad that can win any night is what I expect and hope to see. Record could be anywhere from 7-4, 8-4 to 5-6, 6-5 depending on how well they develope and what kind of luck they have along the way. Spring practice coming up so hopefully some surprises as well. I'm hearing some transfer rumors maybe they will add some star power!

GoBears!!

The Gallatin to Sevier Co pipeline has ended. Lol!!

GoBears!!

Good preview. Should be a good year if we get a couple of the transfers