Blackman Blaze

Blaze45

Despite having to replace the Quarterback position and the majority of the Offensive line the Blaze look to be a strong team this year, More weapons at skill positions than in prior years and a physically stronger  line than in the past .With Connor Mitchell moving back to the QB position the run game becomes a two headed monster much like it was with Jennings. The difference is that Mitchell is faster than Jennings and has a quicker release than Jennings did. He is coupled up with a couple of outstanding running backs with Master Teague expected to get the bulk of the work. Master is a big solid back with great speed and exceptional strength. Some of the returning names that will be big contributors to the program and catching attention at the next level  Ochoa, MLB  Sewell TE Burks CB  I believe the level of talent at every position for the Blaze is better, top to bottom than any team they have fielded in the last 6 years The scary thing is that the majority of these players are underclassmen .... Interesting season ahead. 

Edited by Blaze45

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adonis Otey I hear may start at QB.

Otey may have a shot, however Connor Mitchell has the job currently. Adonis has a good arm and pretty good speed . I think he will be a stronger contender for that role with a little more maturity this next season, Mitchell has some speed and better insight into the current offense since he has had almost 3 years with it. Otey may be one of Blackman's best assets in the coming year if he gets the reps in this season. 

Will the O line and D line be as big as last year?

Our O and D-Line average out at 6 t0 6'1  275-290  moSt of them will be Jr's this season .What was most impressive was the lift-a-thon... not a single lineman benched less than 300 or squatted less than 500  Mason Griffin  (jr ) benched 340 and made it look easy... for that matter even the db Amauri Burks squatted 500 benched 300 as did Master Teague... No joke this has to be the strongest bunch of players from top to bottom and probably the fastest bunch i have ever seen at Blackman. They have a couple of young receivers that could be big time players.  Demondre Ogleton blew us all away with 600lb squat 

https://twitter.com/BlazeFbStrength

Edited by Blaze45

Best wishes to the Blaze this year! Sounds like they will be very solid! Love hearing how strong these kids are! That is exactly how Riverdales strength program used to be. GO Blackman! 

With the changes going on over at the Dale.. it is only a matter of time before they will be dominant again.... I am looking forward to some smash mouth ball this year. Good luck to you guys as well... 

It's hard to believe, year in and year out they seem to be just average. I mean we have a 7 year win streak on them, and we have struggled the last 3 years.

I have heard talk that there are some that think they will be a team that is a strong contender for region 3.

Blackman vs Oakland should be a classic this year. Who are the surprise teams to look out for in the Boro?