Baseball coach on the move

coachsp

There has been a lot of complaining about Parker hire, but I believe the community will give Parker a chance. I want to correct something said in an earlier post. Coach Brown was not fired or terminated. He and the principal apparently had some major differences in the role of athletics at the school and giving tuition aid to athletes. Same for Kip Brown. The principal told a group of parents that Brown did nothing to be fired and was offered a contract and did not accept it. Rumors I heard were that Brown had been rewarded financially by previous principal and that he was making a larger salary the football coach and athletic director. That is not the norm especially at private schools. I think coach Parker is a good coach but it's a shame to see Brown go. The way he turned JPII into a D2 power from a joke is pretty amazing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that Parker coaches two JP2 baseball players on his summer league team and one of those athletes is the athletic directors son?  What about the fact that Brown was informed his salary was going to be reduced by close to 50% but Parker will be paid only slightly less than Brown was paid.  All very strong rumors that if true are not a good sign.  Everyone knows that JP2 has had financial difficulties since the school opened and still owes several million dollars on their debt.

Edited by cbg

What are you suggesting by saying two pope players play for Coach Parker in the summertime?

There is no chance Parker is being paid anywhere near what Brown was being paid. I would have to see that in writing to believe it. I think you have bad information on that one.

• 2 weeks later...

He should be paid more than the football coach, he has won more games this season then they have in in the last 8 combined. I understand that football in their division is more competitive than football. I think the the previous person was saying that the assistant coach/athletic director who son has started since a freshman, and to be honest she should have started then. But I am sure the familiarity between the two helped Parker. Also by saying he was offered a contract does not mean he was not forced out. If the administration knew he would not accept a pay cut of a certain percentage and they offered that then that is forcing someone out. That happens in the real world everyday.

• 1 month later...