Michigan/Oakland HS Football camp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it seems that UT put on it's own satellite camp at TSU in Nashville with MTSU also participating. I guess doing satellite camps isn't so bad after all, huh SEC coaches.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/mtsu/2016/06/05/hundreds-attend-vols-satellite-camp-nashville/85359454/

LOL ... in the words of Don King ... "Only in America baby ... only in America!"

Harbaugh has been acting a fool here lately. The man is a good coach in his own right, but he's writing check that his butt hasn't been able to yet cash. He's taking the Lane Kiffin approach while he was at UT with the whole "all publicity is good publicity.

Harbaugh's coaching track record is impeccable. From his stint at Stanford to the San Francisco 49ers to his first year at Michigan last year. His production on the field has already cashed in whatever checks he's writing right now. He's got all of the SEC coaches in a funk. It's obvious he's going to raise the standard of athlete that commits to Michigan football. He 'out flanked' all of the D1 coaches, especially the SEC coaches, to the point they sounded like cry babies! He's going to win a national championship at Michigan, and probably more then 1.

I feel confident in saying that I don't think that the Michigan folk will hate Harbaugh like the Tennessee folk hate/hated Kiffin. Kiffin was an embarrassment. Harbaugh has the other coaches mimicking what he started because they just didn't have the vision to do it before he thought to do it. The two are no where near the same. We can agree to disagree on that perspective.

Edited by kwc

Well said!

Plus Harbaugh and the Michigan Coaching Staff are all willing to work! This time of yr is often a break for college coaches, which is one of the main reasons some schools that "always have had the player come to them" are upset. Can't stay at home and work their three camps and be done.

There will be a huge crowd at Oakland Tuesday.

Harbaugh's coaching track record is impeccable. From his stint at Stanford to the San Francisco 49ers to his first year at Michigan last year. His production on the field has already cashed in whatever checks he's writing right now. He's got all of the SEC coaches in a funk. It's obvious he's going to raise the standard of athlete that commits to Michigan football. He 'out flanked' all of the D1 coaches, especially the SEC coaches, to the point they sounded like cry babies! He's going to win a national championship at Michigan, and probably more then 1.

I feel confident in saying that I don't think that the Michigan folk will hate Harbaugh like the Tennessee folk hate/hated Kiffin. Kiffin was an embarrassment. Harbaugh has the other coaches mimicking what he started because they just didn't have the vision to do it before he thought to do it. The two are no where near the same. We can agree to disagree on that perspective.

he might have an impeccable record but he's already in trouble with the NCAA on these camps. He's been taking selfies with players and parents and signing autographs which is a violation of the NCAA camp rules...And not allowing media into the camps so there is no one watching. Its like to fox guarding the hen house..

he might have an impeccable record but he's already in trouble with the NCAA on these camps. He's been taking selfies with players and parents and signing autographs which is a violation of the NCAA camp rules...And not allowing media into the camps so there is no one watching. Its like to fox guarding the hen house..

There has been plenty of media at these events, but what exactly are you going to report on? It's just a camp.

Truth is the NCAA/SEC are just mad at Harbaugh because he found a LEGAL way to maximize the exposure of his program in the SEC's backyard.

If he camped predominantly in another part of the country, this wouldn't have gotten near the attention that it has

Screw  Coach Harbaugh, and screw Michigan. I just don't think they'll be as welcomed here as Harbaugh believes. I just don't see too many open arms flooding the stadium.

Tennessee, Vanderbilt to join Jim Harbaugh at Oakland camp

Tom Kreager, tkreager@dnj.com 11:49 a.m. CDT June 9, 2016

MURFREESBORO — Oakland's elite exposure football camp will have some SEC flavor after all.

Tennessee and Vanderbilt will join Michigan and coach Jim Harbaugh on Tuesday in a satellite camp at Oakland High.

Registration is from 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. The camp will be from 5 p.m.-8 p.m.

Oakland coach Kevin Creasy said Harbaugh will coach quarterbacks — the position he played as an athlete at Michigan and later in the NFL — at the exposure camp. Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason, a former assistant to Harbaugh, will coach defensive backs at the camp.

Creasy hasn't been told which coaches from Tennessee will be at the camp.

Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason will be at the Oakland elite exposure football camp on Tuesday.

There are 13 college teams scheduled to help out at the camp, including Arkansas State, Louisville, Memphis, MTSU and Navy among other FBS schools.

Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Gardner Webb, Lindsey Wilson, Tennessee Tech and UT Martin will also be there.

"We don't have a wide range of our players that are going to get offers from Michigan or Tennessee," said Creasy of the other programs.

"We wanted everyone to benefit from our team. Our players are being recruited by Lindsey Wilson, Austin Peay and UT Martin.

"This isn't a one-dog pony show. I think it will be a great deal. It's a great way to showcase our kids."

MTSU's football coach Rick Stockstill works with players during MTSU's football practice, on March 22, 2016. Stockstill will coach running backs at Oakland's elite exposure camp on Tuesday. (Photo: HELEN COMER/DNJ)

Creasy said MTSU coach Rick Stockstill will coach running backs at the camp.

Creasy said he's excited about the camp for his players as well as other campers, who will get an opportunity to be coached by college coaches.

"I want them to get their butts coached off," he said. "They get some really good instruction in a three-hour window. They are going to work their tail off."

The camp is open to any high school student.

"How many times in your life do you have an opportunity like this with them in your own backyard," Creasy said. "A lot of our kids don't have the funds, time or the support to drive 16 hours for a camp. This is an opportunity to shine in front of all these colleges."

Reach Tom Kreager at 615-278-5168 and on Twitter @Kreager.

Oakland Patriots' Elite Exposure Camp

When: 5 p.m.-8 p.m., Tuesday

Where: Oakland High School

Cost: $60

To register: http://oaklandfootballcamps.weebly.com/about-the-camp.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! THIS is too funny! I couldn't have scripted it better myself.

So, do you still think that coach Harbaugh isn't going to get a big reception at Oakland High school?

That was a rhetorical question by the way.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! ... ooooohhhhh, I'm crying that I'm laughing so hard!

Well, LOLOLOLO, I guess ole Butchie said ... "if you can't beat them, join them!"

Edited by kwc