Florida proposes unique playoff format - Can TN something similar?

question I have seen bowl games on here but was kind of curious is that like a county school thing because I never heard about a metro school playing in a bowl game??

Nashville used to host one called the Bellevue Exchange Bowl. Clinic Bowl was a longtime bowl in Nashville as well. It was definitely not just a county thing. It was for any team that had a good record that did not qualify for the playoffs. They were used as post season games pre-1969.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nashville used to host one called the Bellevue Exchange Bowl. Clinic Bowl was a longtime bowl in Nashville as well. It was definitely not just a county thing. It was for any team that had a good record that did not qualify for the playoffs. They were used as post season games pre-1969.

had some very tough teams...Glencliff was one of them

I forgot about the clinic bowl but that you for the info...

I always heard the most bowl games were played in the middle tennessee area.  Clinic Bowl, I think, was the original name for the state championship games played at Vandy,  I have also read where Hartsville, McMinnville, Tullahoma had games like Nashille Bellvue had.  I know I'm right on the Clinic Bowl, think it was actually started before the TSSAA had state championship games, but the other bowl games might just be a rumor.

I always heard the most bowl games were played in the middle tennessee area. Clinic Bowl, I think, was the original name for the state championship games played at Vandy, I have also read where Hartsville, McMinnville, Tullahoma had games like Nashille Bellvue had. I know I'm right on the Clinic Bowl, think it was actually started before the TSSAA had state championship games, but the other bowl games might just be a rumor.

No rumor. Hartsville had the Tobacco Bowl, McMinnville had the Nurseyman's Bowl, Tullahoma had the Lion's Bowl, and the Clinic Bowl has been around since way before the state championship.

If you want the playoffs to be more difficult you can do the following:

Place both D1 & D2 back together

Have Class AAAA, AAA, AA & A

Non financial aid giving private schools must play in AA, AAA or AAAA

Financial aid giving private schools must play in AAA or AAAA

Go back to districts and only take the champion & runner up to the playoffs

All remaining teams with 6 wins are invited to go to a bowl game if invited.

Now how many of you want to go this direction?

. I really liked bowl games. I also liked it when only 2 teams went to playoffs. 13 games is plenty to be state champ.I t was also nice when everyone played each other. Edited by runtheball