District 14AA and Region 7AA 2016/17 season

WestTNHoopsFan

Should be a great year. I view the district as wide open. DJ is the best player again this year which gives FW a chance and you never know who SS is going to have when season starts. Lexington returns a bunch of Kids that received valuable experience in a rebuilding year and should be better than expected. Bolivar will be better than people think with the one big kid who didn't see a lot of minutes last year back. MCNairy plays as hard as any team in the area and have some peices in place to be pretty good. Chester will be totally different and the new coach should max out talent. So...

Top 3 - SS, Lex, McNairy ( no particular order)

Next 3 - FW, Bolivar, Chester ( no particular order)

It should be a fun year.

South Side I think is returning pretty much 4 starters, Rose, Reed, Jones, and McBride. They will have to get contributions from young guys but I expect them to finish first. Fayette-Ware's season is not gonna depend on DJ Jackson, but how much help he gets around him. Gonna be tough losing 4 starters. McNairy is gonna be that team to watch out for. Brandon Walker can argue his case as the best player in the district and they return all 5 starters. I think they finish above .500 in district and upset 1 of the top 2. Lexington is gonna be Lexington, Bolivar still has a long way to go and why I think Shelton is a home run hire, gonna take time at Chester County. He's gotta get those baseball and football guys out on the hardwood.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw 4 of the 6 teams play this summer and my prediction for district will be.

1. Fayette Ware

2. Southside

3. Bolivar

4.Mcnairy

5. Lexington

6. Chester County

I think the last 4 can all compete for 3rd, Southside and Fayette Ware are 1 and 2, with either team winning the district.

Southside - they still pounding that ball inside to the big fella, the young guard #4 is getting taller and looks composed controlling the team.

Fayette Ware - looks strong again, Jackson is playing more guard this year, than post. They other players contributing well. They point guard is big and strong about 6'2 can get to the paint at anytime.

Lexington- looked similar to last year but with lesser talent. They don't have any size.

McNairy- well they are McNairy

• 3 months later...

What are you guys Preseason Predictions for this district? I think Bolivar is the sleeper from this district and has the chance to finish at least 2nd if they can get it together. Fayette Ware or Southside should win the district but I will give the edge to FW because of the run they had last year. Chester, McNairy, and Lexington I think will be fight for a chance to play in the regionals.

1. Fayette Ware

1. Southside

3.Bolivar

4. McNairy

5. Chester County

6. Lexington