Siegel Home Field Advantage

ThePunisher

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, basically the baseball booster club aka the team parents have to run the hospitality room, scoreboard, concession, etc. The Siegel coaches are responsible for the playing field. Asking them to do all that - then try to watch/coach their team across town would be ridiculous. So I think Siegel or Oakland would be allowed to play at home. I think in 3 of the 5 games they sat in the visitor dugout.

Edited by StarRaider

Well, basically the baseball booster club aka the team parents have to run the hospitality room, scoreboard, concession, etc. The Siegel coaches are responsible for the playing field. Asking them to do all that - then try to watch/coach their team across town would be ridiculous. So I think Siegel or Oakland would be allowed to play at home. I think in 3 of the 5 games they sat in the visitor dugout.

No would be about it since it did happen. Getting to play on your home field in a state tournament is pretty ridiculous but I don't think it would have mattered either way. If your team makes it and are suppose to host then either get another booster club to do it and Split it with them and enjoy the success of your team or play at a different field so it would be an even playing field. (All ball parks are different and playing at home is an advantage no matter what dugout you sit in)

I think it is sad that we have to play our state tournament on high school fields, period. If they decided to play the Blue Cross Bowl at Cookville High School, or play the basketball tournament at Smyrna High School, there would probably be riots and public outrage. But it is perfectly fine for baseball. Ridiculous. I remember when it was in Memphis, one A bracket was played at Bolton High School. That place was a dump.

I think it is sad that we have to play our state tournament on high school fields, period. If they decided to play the Blue Cross Bowl at Cookville High School, or play the basketball tournament at Smyrna High School, there would probably be riots and public outrage. But it is perfectly fine for baseball. Ridiculous. I remember when it was in Memphis, one A bracket was played at Bolton High School. That place was a dump.

Those high school fields are nicer than any fields that you will find anywhere. Those schools, and the city of Murfreesboro as a whole, do a great job with the Spring Fling. Rutherford County high schools have great facilities and when you team them up with the city facilities and MTSU, you have a great venue for the Spring Fling.

I seriously doubt that playing at home made much difference for either Siegel or Arlington. Two great teams and great programs.

Home field is not much of an advantage in baseball. Sounds like sour grapes. Since that is the first State championship for Rutherford Co. in 14 years I would say it has not had much of an impact. Congrats to Coach Reavis and Siegel.

Home field is not much of an advantage in baseball. Sounds like sour grapes. Since that is the first State championship for Rutherford Co. in 14 years I would say it has not had much of an impact. Congrats to Coach Reavis and Siegel.

Why is playing at your home field not much of a difference in baseball? Why is it any different than football or basketball? I call BS on that....

Why is playing at your home field not much of a difference in baseball? Why is it any different than football or basketball? I call BS on that....

Only about 400 or 500 people at most at these games as compared to 35,000. Would think amount of fans for each side would be about the same. The only advantage I see would be sleeping in your own bed every night but would happen regardless of location of state. Teams that travel will always have a disadvantage. Is the field unusual? Never have seen it.