Siegel Home Field Advantage

ThePunisher

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home field is not much of an advantage in baseball. Sounds like sour grapes. Since that is the first State championship for Rutherford Co. in 14 years I would say it has not had much of an impact. Congrats to Coach Reavis and Siegel.

Congrats to seagull. Only kidding about the *. But you must have never been to fairgut for a meaningful/elimination game if you don't think home field is an advantage.

Congrats to seagull. Only kidding about the *. But you must have never been to fairgut for a meaningful/elimination game if you don't think home field is an advantage.

Have not but bet they would be just as vocal at Siegel if they were playing them.

I think it is sad that we have to play our state tournament on high school fields, period. If they decided to play the Blue Cross Bowl at Cookville High School, or play the basketball tournament at Smyrna High School, there would probably be riots and public outrage. But it is perfectly fine for baseball. Ridiculous. I remember when it was in Memphis, one A bracket was played at Bolton High School. That place was a dump.

Boys basketball?  As if Smyrna's boys basketball was ever going to make it out of the district... much less make the state tourney? LOL!

The same day karaoke girl gets to sing with the real Bon Jovi.  

Boys basketball? As if Smyrna's boys basketball was ever going to make it out of the district... much less make the state tourney? LOL!

The same day karaoke girl gets to sing with the real Bon Jovi.

..... And? I fail to see how that has one iota to do with what I said.

Those high school fields are nicer than any fields that you will find anywhere. Those schools, and the city of Murfreesboro as a whole, do a great job with the Spring Fling. Rutherford County high schools have great facilities and when you team them up with the city facilities and MTSU, you have a great venue for the Spring Fling.

I seriously doubt that playing at home made much difference for either Siegel or Arlington. Two great teams and great programs.

Yes, they are wonderful facilities. Never said they weren't. But try to have the Blue Cross bowl or the Basketball State Tournament at a wonderful high school facility. It would NEVER happen. Ever.

Move it to Nashville. Play at Vandy, Lipscomb, Belmont (Rose Park), and Trevecca Nazarene. Play the Championship game at First Tennessee Park. I'm tired of baseball being treated like a red headed step child by the TSSAA.

Yes, they are wonderful facilities. Never said they weren't. But try to have the Blue Cross bowl or the Basketball State Tournament at a wonderful high school facility. It would NEVER happen. Ever.

Move it to Nashville. Play at Vandy, Lipscomb, Belmont (Rose Park), and Trevecca Nazarene. Play the Championship game at First Tennessee Park. I'm tired of baseball being treated like a red headed step child by the TSSAA.

Spring Fling requires far more fields and Rutherford County won the bid, not Davidson County ;)

Those high school fields are nicer than any fields that you will find anywhere. Those schools, and the city of Murfreesboro as a whole, do a great job with the Spring Fling. Rutherford County high schools have great facilities and when you team them up with the city facilities and MTSU, you have a great venue for the Spring Fling.

I seriously doubt that playing at home made much difference for either Siegel or Arlington. Two great teams and great programs.

Lavergne High School is not a good site.  Seating for fans is inadequate.  The men's restrooms were porta-pots.  Ridiculous.