HVA Football

GIJoe

I keep hearing about the excitement with football program this year. How do you think the Hardin Valley Hawks will be this year? (Help me stay off other teams threads. My granddaughter will be a senior at HVA. So should be my team)

Not sure how they will be, but you won't get any input from any HVA fans on here. There aren't any.

SS I seem to see that. I feel bad about posting on your site and other area schools. I am a HVA grandparent. I lived in Oak Ridge in 70s -early 90s. So I guess I'm a fan too. Since retiring and moving back to Tennessee our grand babies all attended HVA.

GIJoe,

Having seen HVA the past several years, I don't see them taking the next step. As far as I can tell, they will consistently be a decent team that wins between 4-7 games, but I dont seem competing for region championships. Especially in this region. They have decent athletes and a very vanilla offense.

GIJoe,

Having seen HVA the past several years, I don't see them taking the next step. As far as I can tell, they will consistently be a decent team that wins between 4-7 games, but I dont seem competing for region championships. Especially in this region. They have decent athletes and a very vanilla offense.

I think they would have been different last year had it not been for their QB getting hurt in the preseason.

Very glad to see someone take the bull by the horns and create a thread for HVA, GIJoe. I think one of the reasons there aren't many on here is because of it being a newer school that hasn't built a longtime fan base yet like some of the other schools have. The biggest thing that comes to mind about their program is that the coach don't do good media relations such as information about the team in preseason magazine that Murphy Fair publishes that most die hard high school football fans like to read to get an early feel of what is coming up for the season. In today's world that is just as much a part of the job being a head coach as coaching dealing with the media. 

Barney I had to start one. I find myself trolling, as the kids call it, on West High and Oak Ridge threads. My kids and grandkids were in track at HVA but I'm from central Texas. My mother in 1955 loved a good steak, a man in uniform, wrestling, and high school football!

Barney I had to start one. I find myself trolling, as the kids call it, on West High and Oak Ridge threads. My kids and grandkids were in track at HVA but I'm from central Texas. My mother in 1955 loved a good steak, a man in uniform, wrestling, and high school football!

You're always more than welcome on the OR threads. I like hearing about your opinion on things and you have a good grasp of our history since you lived here in the 70s.