Top AAA teams in 2016-17

SweetScience

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh word? so moss is back on board. its probably bc he has had a good summer. he and his father were p.o'd about his role getting smaller and lomax winning all of the accolades supposedly. I was present at the real deal in the rock game when TP played Memphis magic and it was so much animosity lol. refs called the game with 6 minutes to go bc coaches rushed the floor. you could tell the things revolved around Moss's frustration and the fact that Lomax, Douglas, and Garland held him to like 6 points, it was very personal if you ask me. but penny and moss's father had a long conversation after the two clubs nearly brawled shortly after the game, so i assume they were able to hash it out. Leaving TP was good for Moss, you have to go to the club where you have the best chance of getting the most looks. Its not about winning on the AAU circuit, and Penny wants to win with all the out of town talent he has. 

Ive heard rumors about freeman going to East, nothing about CJ marshall though. I wonder is there something goin on with Coach Edwards, the guy's a proven winner why are his kids leaving. 

I get all my information from the players on my team... and according to them no one wants to go to Southwind anymore because of Edwards. G-town freshman beat Southwind freshman by 70 and our JV beat them 25. I think they might be in for a rough stretch if he keeps running guys off.

I get all my information from the players on my team... and according to them no one wants to go to Southwind anymore because of Edwards. G-town freshman beat Southwind freshman by 70 and our JV beat them 25. I think they might be in for a rough stretch if he keeps running guys off.

wow

• 2 weeks later...

TonyG, WarMachine7954, and Galilee:

I'd love to get all three of you guy's opinion on something. It's just a hypothetical scenario I've currently got running threw my brain.

I'm on the outside looking in so I want to ask this ... For coach Tubby Smith to have what would be considered success in recruiting the local talent, which player from the 2018 (my bad) class is the most crucial to land? A. Lomax, T.J. Moss, or somebody else?

Edited by kwc

TonyG, WarMachine7954, and Galilee:

I'd love to get all three of you guy's opinion on something. It's just a hypothetical scenario I've currently got running threw my brain.

Those players are not 2017

I'm on the outside looking in so I want to ask this ... For coach Tubby Smith to have what would be considered success in recruiting the local talent, which player from the 2017 class is the most crucial to land? A. Lomax, T.J. Moss, or somebody else?

I will say this mainly from my opinion of what Tubby has shown us in the past and the type of players he normally has. I think he will ruffle a lot of feathers in the city as far as inner city recruiting will go. We have extremely talented kids in the city but not all may be tubby type players. Alot of the rank kids are used to run and gun systems similar to what CJP tried to do during his time here, Which was fine when it worked, but when we faced smarter teams who would slow us down we struggled to score because we excelled in the fast break. Some of the kids are behind now days when it comes to basketball IQ which i contribute to AAU's run and gun chuck up shots philosphy. What im basically saying is not all 4/5 stars from memphis will fit the scheme nor will Tubby want every last one of the highly touted ones. He also will not deal with egomaniacs, you have to be a team player to play with him. 

But enough ranting, to answer to question Alex Lomax would be the more important 2018 recruit because in him you have a extremely reliable battled tested PG for the next four years. He'll be the type of steady floor general like SMU has had in Nic Moore under Larry Brown, not flashy but he will get it done and fans will love him. 

To go beyond 2018, Chandler Lawson is the stuff and will go down as a 5 star in the end especially if he ops for a high profile prep school for the next 3 years. His main thing will be coming into his body and developing more wing skills as he matures. But Dj Jeffries shouldn't be overlooked. If you haven't seen the kid play, its a must see. He's a true 6'7-8 195 and is already comfortable in his body, from what i've seen watching the two he moves alot more fluid compared to lawson and has a lil handle and can already make consistent jumpshots.

If Lawson leaves for Oak Hill or IMG I doubt he comes to the UofM, if he isn't heck bent over playing here for HS I dont think he would care for doing it in college either. The lawson's are running a business man lol