Region 4 1A

I think it's between Columbia Academy & Fayetteville again this season for that number one spot.

Fayetteville only lost I believe, 5 Seniors and return almost all of the starting skill players except #10. CA will have to replace their top 2 rushers from last yr and top 3 WR's. They will be replacing a LOAD of talent with #1, #8, #44 (they had 70+ TD's last yr). They got to replace the top 2 tacklers from that Def and that great Kicker they had, #1 who nailed something like 80 PAT's in '15. It will be very tough to try n replace those guys! I think CA will still be a really good team again but I believe this will be the year Fayetteville takes the top spot!

Top 4 from Region 4:

1. Fayetteville

2. Columbia Academy

3. Huntland

4. Mt. Pleasant

It wouldn't be to crazy to think Grace or maybe even Stown could somehow sneak into that top 4. After looking at this region a little more it is apparent that the #3 & #4 spots are wide open.

no Cornersville??

• 3 weeks later...

Sure, I think you can throw them into the mix for a potential #4 team as they did beat both Grace & Stown last season. Just don't know much at all about Cornersville this yr... Can you lend some info?

Stocstill has done Cornersville proud at UT...that injury he had as a sr really set him back..They open with Mt Juliet Christian and then Collinwood

Stocstill has done Cornersville proud at UT...that injury he had as a sr really set him back..They open with Mt Juliet Christian and then Collinwood

Yeah, I was really happy for the guy when he was awarded a Scholarship last year. He will be a 5th yr senior this yr and has earned it! But anytime I think of him I think of the hit our very own Running Back, Dillon Warren put on Stocstill his Senior yr.... https://youtu.be/5evzufFhtOU

Skip to the 1:10 mark for a massive KO Dillon puts on him!

I think Cornersville will shock some people this year.

I can't wait to see what the new coach at Moore has in store, hearing nothing but good things. I might get to stay in Lynchburg to enjoy some good competitive football this year.

Fayetteville is fast and athletic. I thought they only graduated 1 OL but maybe I'm wrong.

Grace should be improved.

Same for Summertown.

Columbia Academy will just reload in my opinion. You never know from year to year.

Mt. Pleasant could be a shock but I still think they're a year away.

Huntland is the only question mark for me. Big athletic RB but don't know or remember anyone else who returns or sticks out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cornersville will shock some people this year.

I can't wait to see what the new coach at Moore has in store, hearing nothing but good things. I might get to stay in Lynchburg to enjoy some good competitive football this year.

Fayetteville is fast and athletic. I thought they only graduated 1 OL but maybe I'm wrong.

Grace should be improved.

Same for Summertown.

Columbia Academy will just reload in my opinion. You never know from year to year.

Mt. Pleasant could be a shock but I still think they're a year away.

Huntland is the only question mark for me. Big athletic RB but don't know or remember anyone else who returns or sticks out.

I am fully expecting to knock Columbia Academy off their well-earned perch this year.  They did lose a lot of superior talent to graduation, but I think they may also lose some current players due to their decision to stay D-1 and not go private, IMO.  Not sure of all the details on that but remember reading about it.  Fayetteville is returning, and has picked up a lot of speed, if that's possible.  We have CA coming to The Hill this year, and starting the season with powerhouse Franklin Road Academy, so I'm hoping for some big upsets this year.  I think CA was so successful last year, they had opportunities to play their younger players in games and give them some on the job training, but since there are hardly any CA posters on the boards I don't know that for a fact.  We lost five seniors from last year's team, some did play on the OL, but have seen this current crop of players as very feisty and scrappy.  Playing in a jamboree in Cornersville on August 13, so should be fun to watch.  Not sure who else will be there tho'. 

Also looking forward to a road game in Lynchburg this year!  Go Tigers!

I am fully expecting to knock Columbia Academy off their well-earned perch this year. They did lose a lot of superior talent to graduation, but I think they may also lose some current players due to their decision to stay D-1 and not go private, IMO. Not sure of all the details on that but remember reading about it. Fayetteville is returning, and has picked up a lot of speed, if that's possible. We have CA coming to The Hill this year, and starting the season with powerhouse Franklin Road Academy, so I'm hoping for some big upsets this year. I think CA was so successful last year, they had opportunities to play their younger players in games and give them some on the job training, but since there are hardly any CA posters on the boards I don't know that for a fact. We lost five seniors from last year's team, some did play on the OL, but have seen this current crop of players as very feisty and scrappy. Playing in a jamboree in Cornersville on August 13, so should be fun to watch. Not sure who else will be there tho'.

Also looking forward to a road game in Lynchburg this year! Go Tigers!

You see who my pick was for the region champ...... :)

I think those Tigers have a shot at the Qtrs and maybe if all goes perfect a chance to play in Semis.

Just now saw this forum but i really enjoy watching and reading up on this region. my guess for this region is:

1. Fayetteville 

2. Columbia Academy

3. Huntland 

4. Grace Christian/Summertown/Cornersville

7. Mtp

8. Moore Co

9. Richland

Fayetteville does have the speed and athletic ability but they struggle with numbers so if there is injury or anything they could be in trouble. CA graduated Taylor Thompson and other big name players so i believe they will be somewhat down this year. Huntland has DJ Taylor who is had all kinds of TDs and tackles but im not really sure about the rest of the team. Grace has an athletic QB but they lack in size (at least last year). Summertown has a good player in Chase Mote who lead the region in tackles but the teams inexperience may cost them some games like last year. Cornersville was very young last year so i believe they may have gotten some great experience last year. Mtp graduated some good athletes in crawford and warnsley so im not sure what they will be looking like. Moore co fired their coach and graduated almost all starters on both sides of the ball so i think this year will be a rebuild year. Richland has some athletes as well. Cant wait to see how this region plays out!

Just now saw this forum but i really enjoy watching and reading up on this region. my guess for this region is:

1. Fayetteville 

2. Columbia Academy

3. Huntland 

4. Grace Christian/Summertown/Cornersville

7. Mtp

8. Moore Co

9. Richland

Fayetteville does have the speed and athletic ability but they struggle with numbers so if there is injury or anything they could be in trouble. CA graduated Taylor Thompson and other big name players so i believe they will be somewhat down this year. Huntland has DJ Taylor who is had all kinds of TDs and tackles but im not really sure about the rest of the team. Grace has an athletic QB but they lack in size (at least last year). Summertown has a good player in Chase Mote who lead the region in tackles but the teams inexperience may cost them some games like last year. Cornersville was very young last year so i believe they may have gotten some great experience last year. Mtp graduated some good athletes in crawford and warnsley so im not sure what they will be looking like. Moore co fired their coach and graduated almost all starters on both sides of the ball so i think this year will be a rebuild year. Richland has some athletes as well. Cant wait to see how this region plays out!

Well, welcome aboard TRF'83!  I guess our district is like most of the others, lots of speculation and wait and see approaches until Friday nights under the lights rolls around.  As for the FHS Tigers, I can say that as of this week, we have around 37 kids on the roster, the most we've ever had, ever.  And up a few from last year's mid-20's roster.  So yes, barring injuries early on we ought to be able to position ourselves for a very good season.  Also, I'm hoping that because of the low player numbers in the past, we've been able to gain a lot of valuable experience.  

Well, welcome aboard TRF'83! I guess our district is like most of the others, lots of speculation and wait and see approaches until Friday nights under the lights rolls around. As for the FHS Tigers, I can say that as of this week, we have around 37 kids on the roster, the most we've ever had, ever. And up a few from last year's mid-20's roster. So yes, barring injuries early on we ought to be able to position ourselves for a very good season. Also, I'm hoping that because of the low player numbers in the past, we've been able to gain a lot of valuable experience.

FHS will be fine. I wouldn't count out CA just yet though. I know they lost that very humble, very good WR named Thompson, but if I remember correctly that RB/FB wasn't that bad. They may need to tighten up a bit and run it more. Huntland is putting everything into DJ. Did I read somewhere in the spring that he got hurt in spring practice? I sure hope he is well. Seemed like a really good kid when we scrimmaged them last summer. I know Moore Co lost a lot including head coach, but they got a really good coach hired in. Plus, they hired to run the middle school program a former Pirate standout and State Champion who continued his football 4 years at Bethel College. It won't take long for them to be back on track. Good luck Varo. Hope to meet up this year in the playoffs.