Region 4 1A

Better hope Fayetteville doesn't imply there knee blowing out tactic's, They have destroyed 4 Huntland players career the last 2 season's my officiating bubby tells me.

Strong statement against F-ville.... I have no evidence to say or not, but let's say they don't need to IF so, to win against mTp tonight. Chop blocks to knees are nasty and I thought illegal.

Chop is.....cut is not

Indeed... Depending on the young one's execution. I like to separate the two terms more by referring it - cut block - as "cutting the lane"; targeting the player's path at the hips by maneuvering, while still on the feet/hands, one's body in the way... The nasty "chop block" is literally, to me, targeting the player's lower body from the thighs down throwing one's body at their legs and just not at their path of travel to the play.....

If so many injuries are happening, then either it is a "chop block" targeting the knees (in which I reffered to it in the pervious post) or the opposing player isn't paying close enough attention to what's in their path/lane in a "cut block" situation.

My opinion? Both are so close that young ones should stay away from them both as youth will no doubt affect proper execution of the legal one, and this technique should be left up to the pro's... Who even they get it wrong causing injuries.

Properly executed though, I have no problem with "cutting the lane". "Chop blocking" is just nasty and wrong.

Edited by Big Bigby

I think a key to Stown v Huntland will be Summertown keeping things balanced. Keep the Huntland D off balance mixing the run and pass equally. Chapman is going to have to be on point passing and Mote has to keep the feet going even if he gets bottled up. I think this game will play a huge factor in the playoff race for spots 3 and 4

I think a key to Stown v Huntland will be Summertown keeping things balanced. Keep the Huntland D off balance mixing the run and pass equally. Chapman is going to have to be on point passing and Mote has to keep the feet going even if he gets bottled up. I think this game will play a huge factor in the playoff race for spots 3 and 4

Best of luck and and safe game for both teams, but I'm pulling for my neighbors just down the road.:thumb:

CA wins 42-28. Moore county with 3 touchdowns while ca jv is in

Congrats on the W.... Fayetteville is gonna be a tough game for you all. CA will have to pull out all stops to beat them. Very fast team F-ville is. Got a kicker that is reminiscent of Garrison; will start you on the 20 almost every kick off. Their #25 is a trouble spot. Instigator that young man is. Will do his best to get your guy threw out of the game and he succeeded in MP tonight.

Edited by Big Bigby