6A Region 1 2016

Governm

Some Key returning players for Dobyns-Bennett - Improved size will help in playing the big boys of 6A Football

QB - Cole Maupin

LB - Ivan Phillips

LB - Jacob Roller

LB - James Buchanon

LB - Isaiah Jayne

DB - Bryce Barrett

DB - Quinten Polinski

DB - Reece Cornett

OL/DL - Dawson Pierson

OL - Jordan Malone

TE/DL - Carter Holt

RB - Reece Cornett

WR - Caleb Whetsell

WR - Matt Diminick 

Roll Tribe Roll

Ultimately none of you Region 1 guys will get past the middle TN teams. Well there is one Region 1 exception....

Overall I think R1 will be down from last year, but time will tell.

And that's the one that counts.. We may be down. We may not advance far, but one region 1 team will be repping state or possibly win state.

Blazer,

You might be right on two of your points,but I dont know why you think the region will be down. Last year, 2-7 in the region was very competitive. This year will be even more competitive because DB and WB will be improved. Science Hill, Bearden, HVA, and Bradley will be tough again as well.

Edited by Governors91

91 you could be right, pre-season is always so hard to call.     I think Science Hill graduated too many guys to be as good as last year.      Everyone keeps saying DB is going to be way better, but I'm not buying into that until after the Oak Ridge game (DB opens with an easy win over Tenn High, but then must travel to OR).     For the sake of the Tri-cities I hope DB steps it up.      I would see the other teams you mentioned being about the same as last year except is certainly sounds like WB will be up.

I like your thinking bud, but we do not finish 6-1 in our region. We will take our lumps this year. Each year there is that 1 or 2 games that we should win, but we end up blowing, rather it's from the team not playing together as a team or our bone head OC that actually costs is a game or 2 each year. We have got to get through all

These mental mistakes we keep having. Like the Bearden and SC games last year. 2 heart breaking losses on the last play of the games. Our mistakes! Until I can see our OL, I won't be sold on a 6-1. We looked darn good and our 2 spring scrimmages. Man handling Baylor and beating Soddy Daisy, but those are scrimmages and means jack.

Heck I've been talking to a few Bears parents and they don't think we will even beat our cross town rival Walker Valley. If we don't beat them, we are in for a very long season. I say 5-5 or 6-4 is the best we will do.

I think 6-1 is very possible, but so is 5-5 if they don't play well. But take our lumps? Not so sure that is a fair statement considering the returning players

91 you could be right, pre-season is always so hard to call. I think Science Hill graduated too many guys to be as good as last year. Everyone keeps saying DB is going to be way better, but I'm not buying into that until after the Oak Ridge game (DB opens with an easy win over Tenn High, but then must travel to OR). For the sake of the Tri-cities I hope DB steps it up. I would see the other teams you mentioned being about the same as last year except is certainly sounds like WB will be up.

I have followed the Govs a lot more closely this offseason than usual. They have more numbers and depth and will be bigger,faster,and stronger. If we cant win more than 3 or 4 games this year something is wrong.

I think 6-1 is very possible, but so is 5-5 if they don't play well. But take our lumps? Not so sure that is a fair statement considering the returning players

We always take our lumps and lose to teams we shouldn't. You know this. Proven each year. I know we have tons of guys coming back. They'll do their part for the most part. This is a very talented group this year, but they also have to be coached and well, have someone that can run the explosive offense this year. We shouldn't lose to WV, Cleveland or McMinn this year, but with bone head Freeman calling plays, we could lose 2 of them.