Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

You guys playing opening game on Thursday like last year?

NO. Season Opener is a Friday Night. DB has played most Season opening Home Games (for the last 15 yrs or so) on Thursday because of Bristol Race Week. But not this year. I don't think the Bristol Race has enough of a crowd anymore to make a difference in the DB Home crowd.

49 days till KO

Roll Tribe Roll

NO. Season Opener is a Friday Night. DB has played most Season opening Home Games (for the last 15 yrs or so) on Thursday because of Bristol Race Week. But not this year. I don't think the Bristol Race has enough of a crowd anymore to make a difference in the DB Home crowd.

49 days till KO

Roll Tribe Roll

That's too bad, I was hoping to catch an extra game opening week.

You're right about the race, it is dropping dramatically.

Based on last years opener it probably won't be much of a game after midway thru Q2

49 days till KO

Roll Tribe Roll

Vikings is a good one for you to open with before OR

49 days till KO

Roll Tribe Roll

The schedule shows the first game to be August 18th, Thursday night, which is race weekend.  I believe the game is same as last year, except at home.

Hey DB, your 2nd opponent is ranked #2 in 5A.     You need a solid win against the Vikings to work out all the kinks and get ready for OR, who is going to be very tough on the road.    If you can start the season 2-0 then I think you are in for a very prosperous year.    You had OR beat last year and let it slip away at the last minute.

DB 38     Tenn High 6

DB 23     Oak Ridge 21

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/247188-2016-preseason-class-5a-coaches-poll/