2016 Preseason Class 1A Coaches Poll

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the poll for the most part. Not sure I would have South Pitt and Greenback up that high just yet. I mean they could definitely end up in Cookeville, but based on how non competitive the east has been the past 3 years up there, I would have to bump Huntingdon and Trenton ahead for now

I like the poll for the most part. Not sure I would have South Pitt and Greenback up that high just yet. I mean they could definitely end up in Cookeville, but based on how non competitive the east has been the past 3 years up there, I would have to bump Huntingdon and Trenton ahead for now

I also agree for the most part but....One of the East teams will be #2 by the end of the year no matter right wrong or indifferent.So in my opinion those two right now DO deserve to be at least fourth or fifth just for those reasons.If it were a perfect system then I would probably change my mind.Until these teams play each other it really just speculation that SP nor GB could compete with most of the OTHER teams in the poll.The top three by all means are just that,top of the class.JMO tho. Edited by orngnblk

The west now reminds me of the east. Shoot no wonder SP or Trousdale won state titles after having to run gauntlets. Sp had to play Gordonsville, Friendship Christian, Trousdale, Hampton, Greenback, Cloudland...Those were tough teams

I remember them well.Them days every playoff game was a slobber knocker!

The west now reminds me of the east. Shoot no wonder SP or Trousdale won state titles after having to run gauntlets. Sp had to play Gordonsville, Friendship Christian, Trousdale, Hampton, Greenback, Cloudland...Those were tough teams

No offense to these "NEW" class A teams but those teams you just mentioned along with Oneida were and are the original class A teams.

When they reclassify it may even out some. Most of the small rural schools in the East are much smaller than some of the teams they face in the west. Just have to wait and see what happens.