2016 Preseason Class 1A Coaches Poll

I'm going to assume your from UC and believe me, UC ain't sneaking up on anybody. Every team that even thinks they will be playing UC is probably already preparing for them!

Got to keep an eye on Union City people. They try to be sneaky but it's in a pink elephant in the room kind of way. lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the poll for the most part. Not sure I would have South Pitt and Greenback up that high just yet. I mean they could definitely end up in Cookeville, but based on how non competitive the east has been the past 3 years up there, I would have to bump Huntingdon and Trenton ahead for now

I agree with you and that we (SP) have been way down the past two years, but in 2013 we lost 23-14 to Union City. The east as a whole was weak that year and has been worse the past two years, but we definitely weren't weak that season.

It will be South Pitt vs Dresden/WC/UC/Huntingdon. It will actually be a closer game than recent yrs in 1A

SP or Greenback has the best shot at representing the east and it will be a closer game than the past two seasons when they ended in mercy rulings, but I still believe we are 17-21 points away from those top teams out west. Edited by TheAmbassador

I'm starting to think Greenback will be back at Cookville and I think they will actually compete. I never give them a Chance last season to compete with NC. a couple of key transfers and all the others a year older,they could have all the pieces.

I am just glad that if the Pirates make it to the Semi-finals, GB will have to come down to the Beene Bowl.

If they stay healthy and WC stays healthy then week 10 I believe it is will tell a lot

Week 10 it is Indeed! I have already heard from the Huntingdon faithful and they are revving it back up just like us. They feel really confident in their backs n skill guys. They will have their QB (#11) & big RB who went down against us last yr (#44) back. They will be a tough out and I think we go into that game 8-0 and I think they will be 7-1 or 8-0. Just like last yr except in H'don. CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2