Reclassification for 2017-2021

TCVeritas

Wow, I thought there would be far more than that. I guess most have made the move already. Are most in Middle and West TN?

I'm going to list the ones I seen and some posters may find a few that I didn't mention, please add to the list if anyone sees that I missed a school.

1A Privates:

Clarksville Academy

Columbia Academy

Grace Baptist-Chatt

Grace Christian-Franklin

Middle TN Christian

Nashville Christian School

2A Privates:

Boyd Buchanan

Grace Christian-Knox

Jackson Christian

Silverdale Academy

Trinity Christian

Tyner Academy

Let me know if I missed any or 1 of these is not a Private school. Was not 100% on Tyner..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to list the ones I seen and some posters may find a few that I didn't mention, please add to the list if anyone sees that I missed a school.

1A Privates:

Clarksville Academy

Columbia Academy

Grace Baptist-Chatt

Grace Christian-Franklin

Middle TN Christian

2A Privates:

Boyd Buchanan

Grace Christian-Knox

Jackson Christian

Silverdale Academy

Trinity Christian

Tyner Academy

Let me know if I missed any or 1 of these is not a Private school. Was not 100% on Tyner..

Just from memory...I thought that there were 22 or 23 between 1A/2A. See that you missed Tipton Rosemark, Fayette Academy, and St. Mary's

Just from memory...I thought that there were 22 or 23 between 1A/2A. See that you missed Tipton Rosemark, Fayette Academy, and St. Mary's

Thanks, you are probably right trader. I was sure I missed some.

EDIT: I was only listing 1A/2A schools that field football teams. Sorry I should have said that in my original post.

Hey Traders, I looked and Fayette Academy & Tipton-Rosemark are in D-II...

St. Mary's is a all girls school aren't they?

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Thanks, you are probably right trader. I was sure I missed some.

EDIT: I was only listing 1A/2A schools that field football teams. Sorry I should have said that in my original post.

Hey Traders, I looked and Fayette Academy & Tipton-Rosemark are in D-II...

St. Mary's is a all girls school aren't they?

Didn't know that FA & TR had already switched...and I was thinking of Sacred Heart instead of St Mary's...look over my stupidity for a while pulling doubles at work...lol!!!

Didn't know that FA & TR had already switched...and I was thinking of Sacred Heart instead of St Mary's...look over my stupidity for a while pulling doubles at work...lol!!!

That's totally fine. I would like to see a list of official teams that a would classify as either 2A or 1A private schools for this coming season. I think I am missing a few from my list but it's a good start for a list.

1A Privates:

Clarksville Academy

Columbia Academy

Grace Baptist-Chatt

Grace Christian-Franklin

Middle TN Christian

2A Privates:

Boyd Buchanan

Grace Christian-Knox

Jackson Christian

Silverdale Academy

Trinity Christian

Tyner Academy

Tyner is public. I have no idea why the name was switched from high school to academy a while back.

With 6 classes the range for 1A would be from 161-395 with an average enrollment of 287. In 2A if the cut off is 577 the average enrollment would be 482. There's a thought that most of the privates are going DII because of the change in aide that can be given. I am not sure that is going to happen. Columbia Acad. came out today and said they would stay in DI. I wonder if they will keep running their buses to different counties picking up students ^_^ ?

Private schools that stay D1 will really be under the microscope.