Region 5-5A

wardawg2038

Saw alot of talk about 4-5A and 6-5A thought we could get a little chatter about this district going. This was a very competitive district from top to bottom last year that contains the defending State champs. 4 teams ended up tied for 2nd place in Lincoln Co. Shelbyville LaVergne and Stewarts Creek. Stewarts Creek ended up odd man out of the play offs through the tiebreakers. So what are your predictions for the district this upcoming season and what are your thoughts on your favorite 5-5A team. Here is a order of finish prediction and feel free to put add your picks and opinions

1. Independence (they are the champs till proven otherwise lost alot of talent but have talent returning)

2. Stewarts Creek ( tied for 2nd last year and have alot returning including entire backfield. Year 4 could be the year of the Red Hawk)

3. Lavernge (Most talented team not only in he district but possibly RUCO. Played inconsistent lat year and are apt to lose games they shouldn't if they find consistentcy will be dangerous)

4. Summitt ( Young team last year that plays extremely hard and with alot of heart. They are a year older and stronger so I See them in 4th)

5. Columbia( not sure what to expect out of new regime. Always have talent and if they get some out of the hallways could slide into 4th)

6. Lincoln Co. ( Very strong hard nosed team last year but lost most key players and alot of seniors. Can they do d enough replacements to retool or will it be a rebuild in Fayetteville? I think a year or so away)

7. Franklin Co. ( Lost coaches and also hearing best athlete moved west to LaVergne. Got the most questions to answer in the district in my opinion)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw alot of talk about 4-5A and 6-5A thought we could get a little chatter about this district going. This was a very competitive district from top to bottom last year that contains the defending State champs. 4 teams ended up tied for 2nd place in Lincoln Co. Shelbyville LaVergne and Stewarts Creek. Stewarts Creek ended up odd man out of the play offs through the tiebreakers. So what are your predictions for the district this upcoming season and what are your thoughts on your favorite 5-5A team. Here is a order of finish prediction and feel free to put add your picks and opinions

1. Independence (they are the champs till proven otherwise lost alot of talent but have talent returning)

2. Stewarts Creek ( tied for 2nd last year and have alot returning including entire backfield. Year 4 could be the year of the Red Hawk)

3. Lavernge (Most talented team not only in he district but possibly RUCO. Played inconsistent lat year and are apt to lose games they shouldn't if they find consistentcy will be dangerous)

4. Summitt ( Young team last year that plays extremely hard and with alot of heart. They are a year older and stronger so I See them in 4th)

5. Columbia( not sure what to expect out of new regime. Always have talent and if they get some out of the hallways could slide into 4th)

6. Lincoln Co. ( Very strong hard nosed team last year but lost most key players and alot of seniors. Can they do d enough replacements to retool or will it be a rebuild in Fayetteville? I think a year or so away)

7. Franklin Co. ( Lost coaches and also hearing best athlete moved west to LaVergne. Got the most questions to answer in the district in my opinion)

ok... I'll bite.....

Your list makes sense and you could flop teams in the 2-4 spot.... not touching #1 until someone knocks them from the mountain top.... Summit will be the dark horse who could screw things up for some teams.... watched them in spring ball against Page and Centennial and you could see confident aggression when needed....that comes due to some of the senior class players being varsity starters since their sophomore year and the same for the junior class... to say Summit puts a team on the field that is battle tested, play as one and well coached is an understatement...

Going to enjoy the season and wish all a safe and healthy one.....

Peace.....

Are you going to let Shelbyville play this year?

yes definitely my bad on leaving them out I see them in the 5 spot and bump Everyone else down a spot. So here you go 5. Shelbyville ( lost alot of talent last year starting with the QB who made that offense go. Lost Eddings the RB as well as the best WR. Couple that with the late departure of Hardy and the Eagles have some work to do. Always some athletes on the field but can they overcome the change? If so they could slide into the 4th spot and grab another playoff birth)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see Lincoln County picking up but 3 wins at most, as bad as I hate to think that. I talked to our local paper sports writer and he said he didn't think the Falcons would win but 2 games which would be the worst record for any Falcon team. The j.v. was bad last year and N.G.A  did not win a game that I know of. We are looking at a bad 2 or 3 years as far as wins go I'm afraid. Having said that, I will be there to cheer them on. I'm not one of these fair weather fans. I'm a fan win or lose.

Unfortunately Stewie lost more than people realize.  The QB is at Jacksonville State, the WR/KR is at Austin Peay plus lost a couple of big veteran line guys and the towering tall TE and the only placekicker the school ever played.  

That doesn't mean they can't finish second in 5-5a but lots of things will have to fall into place for that to happen.  Barring major injury issues, they should be almost a lock for a winning season AND a playoff spot.  Another win against Overton in the first week would be a big step.

Nrgrizzlies the loss of Cynterius is a big one to fill at the DB and return game position but I believe Haraway will fill in fine if not better at QB than The one tha Creek lost. The big loss maybe Clay Griggs at F/s. Otherwise the Red Hawks will be fine lines and such. Can't wait for football to start for real!!