MARYVILLE JR HIGH FOOTBALL 2016

weaklinks

Well its that time of year and looks like the same old stuff from the sideline. MJHS fell to Grace Christian Academy 21 - 6 tuesday night.  Grace has a good team and a new coach. The Rebels have some good looking players but some of them seem to be out of position. The temps were hot and the legs were gone after the half , there was no substitution until late in the fourth when it didnt matter. Not sure about the conditioning program over there , can anyone shed some light?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its that time of year and looks like the same old stuff from the sideline. MJHS fell to Grace Christian Academy 21 - 6 tuesday night. Grace has a good team and a new coach. The Rebels have some good looking players but some of them seem to be out of position. The temps were hot and the legs were gone after the half , there was no substitution until late in the fourth when it didnt matter. Not sure about the conditioning program over there , can anyone shed some light?

Nothing wrong with the program or coaches. This 8th grade class isn't as experienced as we'd like to be and not many big guys. This will be a down year for sure, but I think this class will get better as the season goes on.

I would just interject that depth doesn't build itself. Maybe subbing a player or 2 in for a play or 2 here and there would make the difference down the road but then Im not the coach. The boys did look more relaxed last night and I believe it was because they had 1 game under their belts. They didnt get to scrimmage due to an out of the ordinary open house at school.  I dont believe that the Admin is very friendly to the football team at MJHS but I could be wrong, I just dont see many mentions of the games in the daily announcements etc.

I would just interject that depth doesn't build itself. Maybe subbing a player or 2 in for a play or 2 here and there would make the difference down the road but then Im not the coach. The boys did look more relaxed last night and I believe it was because they had 1 game under their belts. They didnt get to scrimmage due to an out of the ordinary open house at school.  I dont believe that the Admin is very friendly to the football team at MJHS but I could be wrong, I just dont see many mentions of the games in the daily announcements etc.

I think with the Junior high now only holding 8th and 9th grade has hurt the overall student following. When it as 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students there I think you had a better chance of getting the student body into the games. 

That said, the 9th graders are technically high schoolers and I highly doubt they want to attend a MS game.

I think with the Junior high now only holding 8th and 9th grade has hurt the overall student following. When it as 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students there I think you had a better chance of getting the student body into the games. 

That said, the 9th graders are technically high schoolers and I highly doubt they want to attend a MS game.

Are there 7th graders on the team and do they come from the other city schools to be a part of the team? I'm sort of out of the loop here.

Most of the 7th graders play for Don Sentell or Ricky Maples on 2 of the Maryville feeder programs. One name to watch for is Braden Anderson. Kid's going to be a stud if he keeps his head on straight.

What if your to old to be playing midget league in the 7th? Are those on the Junior high or do they set at home and have to wait out a year. With all the red shirting that goes on anymore there would have to be kids in that category.

Ok , old granpa here. I am sincerely not trying to belittle anyone coach or player but there are some things that need to be changed and its not that complicated.  The Rebels could have beaten SC last night if the right player was Qb'n. #1 is an athlete and should be running and catching the ball. # 78 should be Qb'n , he can throw it on  a wire and is tall and can see down field. #1 , #5 #21 and several others should be running and catching the ball for TDs all the time. #78 is wasted on the line. There are other players on the side line that can block. 

DEFENSE:  Is pretty solid on the line and the ends and lbs are tough, The secondary needs to be worked with on coverages and playing like Maryville DBs , like LBs.   The defense held a good SC team to 12 pts and were on the field alot.   

This is just some observation by an old granpa.      If these things are not done it is my opinion that it will be a long season,

Ok , old granpa here. I am sincerely not trying to belittle anyone coach or player but there are some things that need to be changed and its not that complicated.  The Rebels could have beaten SC last night if the right player was Qb'n. #1 is an athlete and should be running and catching the ball. # 78 should be Qb'n , he can throw it on  a wire and is tall and can see down field. #1 , #5 #21 and several others should be running and catching the ball for TDs all the time. #78 is wasted on the line. There are other players on the side line that can block. 

DEFENSE:  Is pretty solid on the line and the ends and lbs are tough, The secondary needs to be worked with on coverages and playing like Maryville DBs , like LBs.   The defense held a good SC team to 12 pts and were on the field alot.   

This is just some observation by an old granpa.      If these things are not done it is my opinion that it will be a long season,

Let me guess which one of those four numbers you mentioned is kin to you.