2016 Region 7 - 5A

pilgrim

How'd jamboree turn out Fri night?

Rossview beat Kenwood 7-0

Northeast beat Montgomery Central 16-0

Northwest beat Clarksville High 7-0

I don't put much faith in pre season being an indication of the upcoming season. Rossview played starters very little in the jamboree and scrimmages. I'm sure others do the same. I will say Kenwood's D1 prospect is a beast. I think he's signed with Purdue. He played most of the "game".The real season indicators will come Friday night.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my picks for how the district pans out this year.

Centennial   (8-2) (7-0)

Henry Co.     (7-3) (6-1)

Clarksville    (7-3) (5-2)

North East   (6-4) (4-3)

Brentwood  (5-5) (3-4)

Rossview     (5-5) (2-5)

Dickson Co. (4-6) (1-6)

West Creek (2-8) (0-7)

you have Henry Co losing 2 nondistrict games ...

I don't see how they will "field" a better team when they lost pretty much everyone up front on both sides of the ball and lost an extremely athletic QB. In a region as tough as Region 7 is, how is that going to work?

Clarksville’s record was 1-9 last year, but that doesn’t change the fact of how they actually played. They beat every team in the city and will field a better team this year than last. But this is just my optimistic and bias opinion.

The only real non district game that is my concern is with your guys from liberty. Not too worried about Houston or Gallatin although they will present their own difficult challenges. If we lose one of those three is will be liberty. That's just real facts

i was trying to wrap my head around that as well

i never know what to make of houston...i feel like there is plenty of talent there

I don't take any team lightly but HC will be better offensivly this year than last. And defense will be solid, not as good as last year but a good solid tough fly to the ball defense. These boys will be ready for any challenge I'm sure of that. Much improved passing game with thunder and lightening in the back field. It will take a tough and great defense to beat HC like liberty and centennial had last year. Good defense won't get it done it will take great defense.

Here are the games for Week 1

Brentwood @ Independence

Centennial @ Franklin

Clarksville @ Station Camp

Dickson Co. vs. Creek Wood

Henry Co. @ Liberty TM

North East vs. Sycamore

Rossview @ East Nashville

West Creek @ Kenwood

Northeast is going to be much better than last year. I could see them beating Sycamore by a few tds. Branch from Kenwood is probably going to run wild. WC has athletes but will probably fade rather quickly.

Brentwood @ Independence

Centennial @ Franklin

Clarksville @ Station Camp

Dickson Co. vs. Creek Wood

Henry Co. @ Liberty TM

North East vs. Sycamore

Rossview @ East Nashville

West Creek @ Kenwood

--------------------------------------------

- I think Centennial and Henry County's games will contend for the game of the week.

• 2 weeks later...