Memphis Top Teams

Galilee

With a healthy East team, the only way Brentwood wins is if its a home game for BA. If its a nuetral game it would be close but i'd give East the edge, if its in Binghampton BA would be lucky to leave with less than a 15 pt deficit. BA doesnt have the size to beat East with Lomax on the floor with the crowd behind them. I could be wrong but i dont many teams can go into Binghampton and leave with a W. I also think CBHS could only have a chance against East outside of binghampton.

Maybe someone in this board has some pull and can influence Penny to give us one of these games the friday night of the penny classic bc its the only way it could happen lol

Honestly I don't see a local team beating them or a team in state their only loss or losses probably will came at the Bass Pro Tournament in Missouri

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East lost 2 defensive studs that they will miss. But they will walk all the way to 3 straight championships. Cordova's only chance of getting one is getting DJ Jeffries back at Cordova. Hopefully East has a stacked schedule this year with likewise talent. CBHS and Cordova shouldve been a must on their scedule imo, i love seeing the best play the best in the area even if you have nothing to gain or lose you know?

I agree East has 3 Definite High Majors, 2 Mid Majors, and 1 Mid-High Major depending on rather or not he puts it all together (McCollum)

I think they have 4 Definite High Majors in Lawson, Moss, Lomax,and Malcolm Dandrige if he keeps improving how he has.I agree with what you say About Dude if he ever puts the whole package together you are looking at a special ball player. But I think he is playing for the best coach as in terms of getting him to max out his potential. and also keep a eye on Jay Hardaway(Penny son) Tk Smith and Rod Washington all are guys who I think will low to Mid Major somewhere

I think they have 4 Definite High Majors in Lawson, Moss, Lomax,and Malcolm Dandrige if he keeps improving how he has.I agree with what you say About Dude if he ever puts the whole package together you are looking at a special ball player. But I think he is playing for the best coach as in terms of getting him to max out his potential. and also keep a eye on Jay Hardaway(Penny son) Tk Smith and Rod Washington all are guys who I think will low to Mid Major somewhere

I dont see dandridge as a high major just yet. Of course he has the memphis offer but i think they came to the party early just in case his recruiting explodes. Hardaway is nothing special as far as a college recruit goes. He's long with a decent stroke (kinda like moss) but doesnt have as good handles feel for the game and lacks athleticism for his size imo. And man if Dude could put it all together he could be another Adonis Thomas bc he has the build.

I dont see dandridge as a high major just yet. Of course he has the memphis offer but i think they came to the party early just in case his recruiting explodes. Hardaway is nothing special as far as a college recruit goes. He's long with a decent stroke (kinda like moss) but doesnt have as good handles feel for the game and lacks athleticism for his size imo. And man if Dude could put it all together he could be another Adonis Thomas bc he has the build.

but his stroke and his size will get to him at least a to Low Major I think Dude can be better then Adonis. Adonis was a freak athlete who was bigger and stronger then every one

Dude has better handle and better feel than Adonis had. He could be a stud!!! He has a tendency to coast though and he's been doing that for a long long time. Can he get out of it with Penny? That's the thing and if he can, he can go to another level in his recruitment. He has big time tools that you can't teach.

Dude has better handle and better feel than Adonis had. He could be a stud!!! He has a tendency to coast though and he's been doing that for a long long time. Can he get out of it with Penny? That's the thing and if he can, he can go to another level in his recruitment. He has big time tools that you can't teach.

Dude needs someone to get in his behind and push him to the point of where it will come out and then pull him to the side and show him what he could be when he plays with that edge. Penny is much harder on the kids than what his persona perceives but idk if he will bring it out of Dude. On the EYBL circuit if you made a mistake someone was coming off the bench for you unless you were PJ Washington and he even found himself on the pine at times. He plays twelve for a reason and demands smart choice and few mistakes from his players. 

Dude needs someone to get in his behind and push him to the point of where it will come out and then pull him to the side and show him what he could be when he plays with that edge. Penny is much harder on the kids than what his persona perceives but idk if he will bring it out of Dude. On the EYBL circuit if you made a mistake someone was coming off the bench for you unless you were PJ Washington and he even found himself on the pine at times. He plays twelve for a reason and demands smart choice and few mistakes from his players.

That all I was saying Dude just need someone to push him and Penny is the right for that

that's what I was saying Adonis was a freak athlete who was bigger then everyone Dude is much more skilled and just need someone might a fire under him

• 7 months later...

Imagine Alo's IQ, with longer arms he has extremely active hands on defense. I wouldnt quite compare his stroke to Tyler Harris's but he's a more efficient shooter than Alo and Tyler you don't leave him open bc he will knock down the 3s (Harris will knock them down even if he's guarded well bc we all know he takes questionable shots). I've seen Garland play around 10 times now since he was a freshman but this summer it was like his shot was barely touching the net so the precision is there. He's longer than both, more athletic than Lomax (Harris jumps out the gym to be 5'7). And i know alot of people commend Lomax on being able to manage the successful teams that he is apart of and always stand out, but I know that if he swapped places with Garland he would be more of a Trae Davis than what he is now. What i mean by that is he would just be known as the private school kid with game not garnering too much attention. Not taking anything away from Alo but being under Penny at all times really does help the kid. I dont think you could put him on Brentwood Academy's team and expect him to beat East. Garland beating East consecutively is a huge feat when you take into the head that Brentwood's tallest player is the same height as William Douglas and East has 4 guys taller than that. Yes Lomax didn't play against BA this year but the outcome wouldn't have changed Garland can consistently get his shot on any PG in the state if you do not deny him the ball. If Garland was East's PG they would be a top 3-5 team nationally and would never drop lower than that. I kinda went on a rant, but all in all I would say picture a more aggressive longer version of lomax with a more efficient stroke and all around game but just not as well built as lomax.