Best QB in TN 16-17 Season All Classes

Bigboi20

"The best play the best." What? It's HS sports not college. Great players and athletes can be found at times in every division.

I played with a guy (QB) in single A when there were three classes and he has a NC ring with FSU and played in the NFL.

Some of these A and AA QB's would be great at the best schools.

You gotta rememeber it was a lot different back then too. But great athletes can be found in every division like I've been saying bud. But I am saying it's hard to get a read on boys playing low level competition. I'm not trying to disrespect any of the boys like I said as well I just believe with all the football I've watched in my career it's a lot easier to put up higher numbers against weaker completion and if you can do it in the best leagues it proves something

You gotta rememeber it was a lot different back then too. But great athletes can be found in every division like I've been saying bud. But I am saying it's hard to get a read on boys playing low level competition. I'm not trying to disrespect any of the boys like I said as well I just believe with all the football I've watched in my career it's a lot easier to put up higher numbers against weaker completion and if you can do it in the best leagues it proves something

+1 

Cole Copeland. Said it all year. After missing the last 3 games with his throwing shoulder, surprising everyone by coming back last night and went 30/37 411 yards against maybe the best defense and most physical defense we've seen all year. The kid is a star. Could have played for many many schools, but stuck with UTC.

Should win the Mr. Football award, but being out for 3 weeks and competing against Jacoby, won't happen. Sure he is the odds on fav to win it. Be very surprised if anyone beats him out for it.

Cookeville's defense is at best the 4th or 5th best defense in Region 2.  I'm amazed at how everyone gives these Region 1 defenses any credit OTHER than Maryville which has my utmost respect.  The QB at Smyrna, Turner, put up almost 300 yards in 3 quarters against Cookeville and scored 6 TDs when Cookeville still had 1 or 2 of their safeties healthy.  People need to put Turner and Copeland's 1st 7 week's stats side by side and then see whose numbers are better and who really deserved to be a semifinalist.  Those numbers won't include Turner's Cookeville game or Copeland's game in week 8 where he got hurt.  Turner had more TD passes, higher completion rate, more yards, and higher QB rating.  Copeland had 3 INTs vs Turner's 5 along with Copeland having more passing attempts and completions.  Numbers don't lie people and anyone who argues that Region 1 is stronger than Region 2 should get their heads examined.

Cookeville's defense is at best the 4th or 5th best defense in Region 2.  I'm amazed at how everyone gives these Region 1 defenses any credit OTHER than Maryville which has my utmost respect.  The QB at Smyrna, Turner, put up almost 300 yards in 3 quarters against Cookeville and scored 6 TDs when Cookeville still had 1 or 2 of their safeties healthy.  People need to put Turner and Copeland's 1st 7 week's stats side by side and then see whose numbers are better and who really deserved to be a semifinalist.  Those numbers won't include Turner's Cookeville game or Copeland's game in week 8 where he got hurt.  Turner had more TD passes, higher completion rate, more yards, and higher QB rating.  Copeland had 3 INTs vs Turner's 5 along with Copeland having more passing attempts and completions.  Numbers don't lie people and anyone who argues that Region 1 is stronger than Region 2 should get their heads examined.

turner is a good qb but he isnt better than copeland and others as well

Cookeville's defense is at best the 4th or 5th best defense in Region 2. I'm amazed at how everyone gives these Region 1 defenses any credit OTHER than Maryville which has my utmost respect. The QB at Smyrna, Turner, put up almost 300 yards in 3 quarters against Cookeville and scored 6 TDs when Cookeville still had 1 or 2 of their safeties healthy. People need to put Turner and Copeland's 1st 7 week's stats side by side and then see whose numbers are better and who really deserved to be a semifinalist. Those numbers won't include Turner's Cookeville game or Copeland's game in week 8 where he got hurt. Turner had more TD passes, higher completion rate, more yards, and higher QB rating. Copeland had 3 INTs vs Turner's 5 along with Copeland having more passing attempts and completions. Numbers don't lie people and anyone who argues that Region 1 is stronger than Region 2 should get their heads examined.

Hmm never turned this into a "what region is better topic" it's a best QB topic and Copeland is the best QB in Tennessee. Really don't know what football regions you have been following or even know anything bout them, but yeah, regions 1 defenses are pretty good. Most of them anyways. Guess region 2 defenses are SEC type. I seen that after most got manhandled last Friday.

And really gonna compare stats? That makes a better QB? If you look at Coles stats, you'd realize that Cole didn't have to be Cole in few of those 7 games. He threw the ball just a hand full of times in the Walker Valley game. All rushing attack game. Let's be real... Did Turner play in the DB game in the playoffs? Look at both stats there if ya wanna..

Edited by DaChampsAgain

Hmm never turned this into a "what region is better topic" it's a best QB topic and Copeland is the best QB in Tennessee. Really don't know what football regions you have been following or even know anything bout them, but yeah, regions 1 defenses are pretty good. Most of them anyways. Guess region 2 defenses are SEC type. I seen that after most got manhandled last Friday.

And really gonna compare stats? That makes a better QB? If you look at Coles stats, you'd realize that Cole didn't have to be Cole in few of those 7 games. He threw the ball just a hand full of times in the Walker Valley game. All rushing attack game. Let's be real... Did Turner play in the DB game in the playoffs? Look at both stats there if ya wanna..

i wouldnt say he is the absolute best in the state bc i feel there is only 1 better than him after seeing both the kids play.. copeland is definitely a great player tho

Edited by zoneread56

Cookeville's defense is at best the 4th or 5th best defense in Region 2. I'm amazed at how everyone gives these Region 1 defenses any credit OTHER than Maryville which has my utmost respect. The QB at Smyrna, Turner, put up almost 300 yards in 3 quarters against Cookeville and scored 6 TDs when Cookeville still had 1 or 2 of their safeties healthy. People need to put Turner and Copeland's 1st 7 week's stats side by side and then see whose numbers are better and who really deserved to be a semifinalist. Those numbers won't include Turner's Cookeville game or Copeland's game in week 8 where he got hurt. Turner had more TD passes, higher completion rate, more yards, and higher QB rating. Copeland had 3 INTs vs Turner's 5 along with Copeland having more passing attempts and completions. Numbers don't lie people and anyone who argues that Region 1 is stronger than Region 2 should get their heads examined.

You may need to set up an appointment. Region 1 went 5-3 vs Region 2 in the first round of the playoffs.

Numbers don't lie.

What college offers does Turner have?

Edited by FootballFan51

Wow!  An appointment?  You guys had a good year against Region 2 teams.  Congratulations! Pretty sure the Smyrna game would have easily been different since it was a close game IF Turner had been able to play.  I watched the Copeland kid play and he is talented.  I also believe the Turner kid is very talented.  As far as numbers, again look at both of their numbers up to week 7.  Turner's are better.  You are right, numbers don't lie.  I don't think including week 8 is fair because Copeland got hurt in that game and didn't finish it while Turner had 285 yards passing, 4 TDs, and 2 more rushing TDs against Cookeville.  That was all in 3 quarters.  As far as offers, if you were trying to be smart there, he has verbally committed to MTSU and will sign with them in February I guess.

Wow! An appointment? You guys had a good year against Region 2 teams. Congratulations! Pretty sure the Smyrna game would have easily been different since it was a close game IF Turner had been able to play. I watched the Copeland kid play and he is talented. I also believe the Turner kid is very talented. As far as numbers, again look at both of their numbers up to week 7. Turner's are better. You are right, numbers don't lie. I don't think including week 8 is fair because Copeland got hurt in that game and didn't finish it while Turner had 285 yards passing, 4 TDs, and 2 more rushing TDs against Cookeville. That was all in 3 quarters. As far as offers, if you were trying to be smart there, he has verbally committed to MTSU and will sign with them in February I guess.

once again, if you go by the first 7 weeks, I'm sure Turners numbers may be better. Like I said, coaches didn't turn Copeland lose a lot. Go back and look. Coaches tried very hard to turn our offense into a rushing attack to start the season. Even Gibson from Walker Valley had more passing yards for a while compared to Copeland. He did not get to sling it around much this year or do his thing.

Not taking anything away from Turner. I'm sure he is a great QB and right up there in top in Tennessee. Copeland is just on a different level than most.

Not takin anything away from Tucker or the rest of our WR group, but if Copeland was on a middle Tennessee team or west, maybe even Knox Catholic or Oak Ridge, the kid would have been a deep 4 star working on a 5 star. He is a very talented athlete. Been a lot of great QB that came out of the south east TN parts or Tennessee general, just haven't seen one like him in a while.

Wow! An appointment? You guys had a good year against Region 2 teams. Congratulations! Pretty sure the Smyrna game would have easily been different since it was a close game IF Turner had been able to play. I watched the Copeland kid play and he is talented. I also believe the Turner kid is very talented. As far as numbers, again look at both of their numbers up to week 7. Turner's are better. You are right, numbers don't lie. I don't think including week 8 is fair because Copeland got hurt in that game and didn't finish it while Turner had 285 yards passing, 4 TDs, and 2 more rushing TDs against Cookeville. That was all in 3 quarters. As far as offers, if you were trying to be smart there, he has verbally committed to MTSU and will sign with them in February I guess.

my post was primarily about the results of Region 1 & Region 2 head to head games.

Best wishes to Turner at the next level.

• 2 weeks later...