Metro Rankings

bleacher

I can't see Glencliff being better than WC or Antioch. I was told they had less than 20 kids practicing in the spring.

Head to Head I think WC could win against both possibly but with the district and schedule. 2 wins max but I can see what you saying. Maybe I need to bump WC to 10 and the others move down Edited by FBfan26

Howdoitknow anyone could have called that defense. They were just that good. I saw them a couple times that year and they were just loaded with talent. Coach A did a good job running the Wingt and chewing up the clock.

I've said for years that my dream Metro matchup would have been the 1997 Pearl-Cohn Firebirds vs the 2003 Hillsboro Burros.

That's astronomical. Terry Hemontolor was a state championship winning defensive coordinator at Hillsboro in the 00s.

good coaches win with good players.  Bad coaches win with good players. Never seen  any coach, good or bad, win without good players.

Edited by runtheball

I didn't know the exact numbers but thanks for helping me make my point bleacher. Do you think HL ever gets back on track?

Yes. With the right coaches they will. It's not just about football. Kids must have someone they believe in and trust.

Who thought Stratford could turn around like they have? Fitzgerald gave them hope and confidence. The same can happen at HL.

Howdoitknow that would have been a great game. I think bleacher is correct about Herzog but hemontoler was on staff.

Bleacher I hope you are right about HL. I think McPhail is a great person and a good coach. Wish him luck trying to turn it around.

Kind of feel bad for Stratford. I think they fall a bit without MF leading them.

Yes. With the right coaches they will. It's not just about football. Kids must have someone they believe in and trust.

Who thought Stratford could turn around like they have? Fitzgerald gave them hope and confidence. The same can happen at HL.

Only if Fitz goes to HL. Why is it that very good players seem to be where he is? I do not think anyone was surprised at Stratford's success. In fact ,I think most predicted it.

Edited by fb247

good coaches win with good players.  Bad coaches win with good players. Never seen  any coach, good or bad, win without good players.

Good coaches and good players win championships.  Bad coaches with good players get beat in the close games.