Week 3: Oneida @ Greenback

crow

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo what this bunch may lack in size, speed or experience they have work ethic, respect and "coachability" in spades. They show up everyday with their lunch pails in hand ready to work. Great group of young men on this squad.

That will pay off later in the season in the games with Harriman and Coalfield. I think it's just too early to be playing greenback considering what you all lost off last years team so I'll take GB by 31 but I would love to see a playoff rematch.

I have watched there film for the first two games and they will play for four quarters.

Yes the Oneida boys will leave it on the Field and we better match them!I just read in the paper where Ryan said that they have been working hard on the attitudes of certain players and it seemed to payoff at GP when things got a little out of hand on the Home side.That's great news!Keep some of those penalties off us.

Of course I'm virtually going blind and I can be accused of wearing orange tinted glasses from time to time, but the score from last week was not indicative of the actual game.  In fact, until the 96 yard touchdown in the last minute of the game Oneida had more total yards than Meigs Co.  Now I am fully aware that the defense must keep big plays to a minimum and we gave up 4 huge offensive touchdowns, (32, 43, 57, and 96 yard scores)  That was 228 of Meigs 318 total yards and the 55 yard pick six didn't help any either.  We have to do much better eliminating those devastating plays.  Most teams would have folded the tent and called it a night when they give up 2 scores on the first 4 plays.....I was encouraged by our grit.  GB, as several have stated, brings in a load of talent with this group and prospects for an upset aren't high but they will be impossible if we allow as many big plays this week.  We going to have to throw the kitchen sink at'em....!

Kaz :thumb: