Farragut at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

Farragut fans...What y'all looking like this year? Who replaced Tanner? Y'all always have huge lineman, so I'm sure you do again this year. What about the D? How's it looking? This has always been my favorite OR game. Just something about OR and Farragut hooking up. One of the most vivid memories of my childhood was seeing #33 Joe White spin into the EZ on an end around to the left side for the game winning two point conversion win in 1988. I'll never forget it. Love this game. Lots of history between the two teams, including Gaddis being a former Farragut assistant in the late 70s. Should be a dandy!

Just got a stat that the OR defense played 100+ snaps mainly because out offense was scoring so fast.

Looking at the stats, I am not sure the fast scoring was the reason. DB had 579 yards total offense and 85 plays per the stats.  Oak Ridge 391 on 47 plays.  How did DB lose with stats like that?  Was it the 4 lost fumbles and the penalties and the 2 interceptions?  Oak Ridge punted 7 times, DB only 2.  So I'm thinking it was DB keeping the drives going rather than fast scoring. 

Plus you all had to play the whole game - so no running clock to make the game go faster. 

Edited by TNVolFan2000

It was our bend, but don't break D ;) Nah,I'm sure the turnovers helped us out a lot. Would be lying if I said they didn't, but with the exception of 2 of them they were mostly forced by either our guys just making a play or putting a hat on the ball, so I got to give our guys credit for that. Thankfully stats don't win ballgames or we surely would've lost that one. We always managed to stiffen up on D and keep them out of the EZ till late in the 2nd frame.

Water drank on Friday doesn't matter whether you drink 20 gallons, its the water the whole week that keeps them from cramping. Figure also what they lose in practice- big deal also. Johnny Long told mine to take an ice bath on Thursday night -no cramps and your legs are refreshed for Friday.  

Glad we don't have to deal with your son this year!

Cant say we don't already miss Friday nights. I see OR taking this game-not because of skill players but up front. Farragut always has good athletes but same kids aren't always dedicated to weightroom. Iman Johnson replaced Tanner(tough to do) and is a good back. This team lost a lot and after last year I figure OR will bring it at home.

JMO but as I said last year I look for CC to be  the team that battles yall for region title. We were really impressed with their lineman and coaches last year despite the way the score looked.

Cant say we don't already miss Friday nights. I see OR taking this game-not because of skill players but up front. Farragut always has good athletes but same kids aren't always dedicated to weightroom. Iman Johnson replaced Tanner(tough to do) and is a good back. This team lost a lot and after last year I figure OR will bring it at home.

JMO but as I said last year I look for CC to be  the team that battles yall for region title. We were really impressed with their lineman and coaches last year despite the way the score looked.

Yes CC will be a tough out for sure. How's Cole doing at college? Wish him the very best. Great player for Farragut last year.