Walker Valley at Mcminn Co

bearhater

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a low confidence in Ryan for a while too. WV has too much talent to not be in the playoffs every year... just my opinion.

im not defending Ryan at all, but 'all this talent' has been this one class of seniors, plus the outstanding Jr QB.

Outside of them, their talent level has been very low for a 5A school. They did underperform last year when they were juniors, no doubt. But every other year, they finished about where I thought they would.

im not defending Ryan at all, but 'all this talent' has been this one class of seniors, plus the outstanding Jr QB.

Outside of them, their talent level has been very low for a 5A school. They did underperform last year when they were juniors, no doubt. But every other year, they finished about where I thought they would.

Agreed

Depends on what kind of talent. Skill players yes rarely but they've had decent talent in the past on the field linemen,kickers etc. Actually as I've said before the school grew way faster than expected because the band grew and the border kids going there. I think they thought they would top out around 1100 but went by it fast like the second year. Saw their ACT scores yesterday the Average climbed again and they have set a pretty high goal with getting it to a 23. Not far off now. That would increase their college ready students even more. Of course that does them little good on the football field. I guess they could try to get Atheletes to "move" there like some other school but I hope not. Play with what you have. Highschool football should be about community first. And Ryan No comment. Edited by anotherback

Walker Valley should win this going away. The talent is there to do so.

Alt, what's the scoop on McMinn.  Used to be a tough battle year in year out.  We are looking forward to our visit.  Still got the horse?  And one more thing.  I told my son I would ask if yall still had the shaved ice truck at home games.  

Alt, what's the scoop on McMinn. Used to be a tough battle year in year out. We are looking forward to our visit. Still got the horse? And one more thing. I told my son I would ask if yall still had the shaved ice truck at home games.

Yes sir the ice truck is still parked by the gate! Still cheap too!! McMinn is just way down right now. They did lose several good talent last year, but honesty I think the wingT will hurt them more than help.

I thought the WV 2014 team had quite a bit of talent.  Most McMinn fans thought the Cherokees would lose that game, but they won in a shootout.