Dyersburg @ Westview

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview is 0-2 with losses to a good a very good Dresden team and to Crockett County. Dyersburg is 2-0 with wins over MLK Prep and Ripley. Similar situation as last year when these two teams met. What are everyone's thoughts.

I think Dburg in this one...maybe a dial-a-score game....looks like Westview is way down this year....I can understand their 2 losses but both were blow outs....

I think Dyersburg wins this one easily. Dyersburg is much better this year for the simple fact we changed defensive coordinators. We have beaten 2 cupcakes but we destroyed them like we should have. Last year we gave up plays and had people out of position against these teams and it did not happen this year. MLK had like 1 first down at the end of 3 quarters and Ripley had 90 yards total offense. 

Defense was inconsistent and exposed itself early in the season against Westview 2015. Two big games coming up in Westview and Crocket for the new defensive coordinator.

Dyersburg no doubt has some good skill players. Just not sure about the O line and defense, the jury is still out.

Friday night will reveal a little more........

Right now, Coach Stowe is where any Coach wants to be........flying under the Radar, while all the talk is about Milan and Liberty.......

Defense was inconsistent and exposed itself early in the season against Westview 2015. Two big games coming up in Westview and Crocket for the new defensive coordinator.

Dyersburg no doubt has some good skill players. Just not sure about the O line and defense, the jury is still out.

Friday night will reveal a little more........

Right now, Coach Stowe is where any Coach wants to be........flying under the Radar, while all the talk is about Milan and Liberty.......

Have you not heard ? We are playing for third.

Have you not heard ? We are playing for third.

That may be what I think.......but those young men actually playing the game may have bigger aspirations and are actually willing to sacrifice blood, sweat, tears to achieve it!

And that my friend, is something far more powerful than d1 athletes on the roster!

I think Dyersburg wins this one easily. Dyersburg is much better this year for the simple fact we changed defensive coordinators. We have beaten 2 cupcakes but we destroyed them like we should have. Last year we gave up plays and had people out of position against these teams and it did not happen this year. MLK had like 1 first down at the end of 3 quarters and Ripley had 90 yards total offense. 

Coach Shearon has done a good job as the DC. The coach that was the DC last year is still on the staff as the Defensive Line coach which is where he belongs because he is good at doing that.