Riverdale / Blackman Back Yard Brawl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman is loaded for bear but did not play like it at all. I didn't see them finishing plays like they traditionally do. As I saidpreviously it looked like they were still in scrimmage mode. Not finishing blocks, tackles, routes ... you should see a good Blackman team (young)  this week... against a solid Riverdale team 

Didn't Blackman beat Riverdale by about 40 points last year?  I think it will be closer this time but Riverdale's about as inconsistent as a team can be.  If the good Riverdale shows up and plays for 40 minutes it will be a competitive game.  If not, probably 3-4 touchdowns.

Really miss the days when Riverdale just did not lose at home.

Didn't Blackman beat Riverdale by about 40 points last year?  I think it will be closer this time but Riverdale's about as inconsistent as a team can be.  If the good Riverdale shows up and plays for 40 minutes it will be a competitive game.  If not, probably 3-4 touchdowns.

Really miss the days when Riverdale just did not lose at home.

A lot of that came from Pride and Tradition.  To see just how much that is NOT really honored is to look at the 'Chief' statue that every player had to touch before EVERY home game.  Some went as far as going out and touching it before loading on the bus for away games as well.

Right now it needs to be totally stripped of the faded and flaked off paint and repainted NOW!

Also more than ONE O-line needs to be practicing hard now.  We have not only later this year to play, we have a couple future years to prepare for also!

Edited by Lost Old Dad