District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

I know it still early , and definitely got football going in full swing !!

Still is always fun to talk about the upcoming season !!

The new "classification" and districts come out in a couple of months ....

Will this district stay the same or will their be some shuffling within the region ??? Would this be good or bad for these teams ?

Cheatham has won the championship ever since this district has been aligned this way , will they win the district again this year ???

Who is looking to be the surprise team this year ??

Based off of this summer performances what are the early lookings of the way this district will shape up ?

My thoughts of who might fall where

1-3) Cheatham , White House, WH-Heritage

4) Greenbrier

5-7) Syacamore, Harpeth, Westmoreland

• 4 weeks later...

I believe all the Cheatham county teams will be down this year just based on what left and what came back.

Cheatham: lost Douglas and Goode both are playing college ball. Have some experience returning but no one who has carried a team.

Sycamore: lost Brown and Baker, both playing college baseball. Will Darius James take control?

Harpeth: lost Newton and the point Gaurd. Still have Copeland who balled out some last year,Also breaking in a new coach and system.

I thought White House was bringing back the most and will probably be the preseason favorite.

Any freshman on the radar or transfers?

Edited by Bamapappy

• 2 weeks later...

I believe all the Cheatham county teams will be down this year just based on what left and what came back.

Cheatham: lost Douglas and Goode both are playing college ball. Have some experience returning but no one who has carried a team.

Sycamore: lost Brown and Baker, both playing college baseball. Will Darius James take control?

Harpeth: lost Newton and the point Gaurd. Still have Copeland who balled out some last year,Also breaking in a new coach and system.

I thought White House was bringing back the most and will probably be the preseason favorite.

Any freshman on the radar or transfers?

Where did Douglas wind up playing at?  He was terrific in high school.

Both of the White House schools will be strong this year.  Until somebody knocks them off their perch, Cheatham rules the roost.  Harpeth and Greenbrier seem much the same to me, although Greenbrier gets the nod.  Westmoeland and Sycamore should round out the bottom.  Should be a good season with some intense games.  The two games in White House should be barnburners.  At any rate, before you know it, it will be tip off time!

I would say this is the last time these teams will be in this district together.

As many before have mentioned feel it is Cheatham's district until someone knocks them off ..... They did lose two very good players in Douglas and Goode. Congratulations to them on playing at the next Level.

Both White House Teams should be at the top or near it. Heritage will definitely still be playing football longer then white House.

Also, i have heard that White House will be hosting the district and region this year in their newly renovated gym. 

Heritage: Demarais is playing football this year. Might result in a slower start before Christmas.  They lost their big man from last year that was playing much better at end of year then the beginning. Will be the senior year of those 8th graders that won  maybe the first county championship i am not sure. Might have a couple new faces, didn't get to see them this summer.

Westmoreland: Lost I believe 5/6 seniors. I forget his name , but will be that taller skinny 3/4 man's team this year. Also new coach in almost over 20 years.

Cheatham: Lost their core. Winning is a tradition for them though, so i am sure they will be near the top. Saunders can really shoot..

Sycamore: Where is their scoring going to come from this year. Brown had to average nearly half of their scoring last year.

Greenbrier: My sleeper or biggest mover from last year pick. They lost a couple shooters, but seemed to have some good size and some younger athleticism when I saw them this summer.

Harpeth: Always said to be the "best coached" team. They now have a new coach from great historied school. They lost a post player. Can Copeland carry the team or what the new "system" going to be leaves them as a wild card.

White House: Lost their post player , their 2 year starting point guard, and their best Junior from last year Malik Morgan (who transferred to Hargraves Military Academy). They are returning some sophomores who got quality minutes as freshmen, along with a couple other juniors this year played for them this summer.  I did see one freshmen a big man play varsity for them this summer to answer the freshmen/transfer question.

Early Predictions-will/could change after some pre-season games, and before district play

1) White House

2) Cheatham County

3) White House-Heritage

4) Greenbrier

5) Harpeth

6) Westmoreland

7) Sycamore

• 2 weeks later...

Has heritage got a new coach or some new faces ? The team from last year is middle of the road at best and can't compete with the top two teams . Yes they have a few athletes , but they don't run or press . They don't have a consistent shooter from 3. I know the district is weak , but with some new coaches and new systems , Heritage is 4th at best .    

All honesty this should be a two horse race . Cheatham lost their big guns . They just re-load and keep winning . The Devils are going to be good, even losing one of their better players to prep school . I believe the loss will be a blessing , this will open the floor more and allow them to pressure more and run other teams down . They will go 10 deep easy . They all can shoot the 3 ball and very young but experienced . The big question is , can they figure out how to take down the Cubs . Looking at their schedule early , will be a good test for WH  . 9-2 start headed into the match up with CC would make a good looking match up in 9AA . A tall task for a sophmore oriented team . They play a lot of good teams early . Maplewood,Pope John,MLK, and Springfield just a few early . Should be a great year . Lets go . 

Hey I like these guys new name same honesty...AKA GURU I am back, I like talking with you wh guys, but can I start by asking is it now basketball town WH it is no longer football town!

anyway 9-2 is a little much 6 maybe 7 win in those first 11 B52 for those wh guys I read they lost that morgan kid? thats going to hurt them alot instant offense what he get last year close to 20? in wh guy know the answer to that agree they should win the district but its a bad district if they dont win it with those young guns returning then it would be a upset for sure. they should have a run like cc had over the last few years. didnt get to see any of the teams play in the summer this year, went and watched some of  the aau circuit this summer with that being said i like this district because its the other side so i keep a close eye

1.wh

2.cc

3. greenbrier

4. harpeth

5. heritage

6 sycamore

7 westmoreland

see yall in the region whoever makes it out good luck to everyone. I will get to see some of these teams play this year !