District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

Funny you said that... This is the same team and coaching staff from the last 3 yrs you're referring to. Looking pretty good so far, am I right?

This is Coach Welch and his assistants from middle school 3rd year helping Coach Smith... I would say looking better then it was ....

12-13 = 6-24

13-14 = 3-24

2 years before he and his staff got there below is after he arrived

14-15 = 10-15

15-16 = 15-15 and appeared in district championship for first time since 2011

So I would say going pretty good thus far , and not making excuses for the devils or anyone else .... but what welch did for Malik Morgan sending the BEST player in the district to prep school with the kid in mind not the TEAM or personal success says something .....

Because if station camp wouldn't have recruited Elliot (even though he came back , and got dismissed from team ) If White House had these two players , there would be no question who the best team was .... that's my OPINION , those aren't the circumstances but if you disagree I would say you don't know much about basketball

This statement is very incorrect. How can you say that because they are 3 years or so younger they shouldn't be competing? When freshman dominate the college game against kids 3-4 years older? White House has the talent it it would get developed they would be fine, but until I see that I will not be sold

Please read what you wrote again ... pretty sure college players aren't "kids" smh the different in a 15 year old

Compared to an 18 or 19 year old is MUCH. Different then a 19 year old to a 22/23 year old come on now , obviously you were 6th man on your highschool team and played no further or college ball .... even coach Cal at Kentucky knows that youth in terms of "experience" is a factor that matters .... there are no SUPREME athletes around these parts and that is what you are referring to in your comment about freshmen "dominating" maybe like 2/3 freshmen in the WHOLE NATION. Out of THOUSANDS of players come on now

Because if station camp wouldn't have recruited Elliot (even though he came back , and got dismissed from team ) If White House had these two players , there would be no question who the best team was .... that's my OPINION , those aren't the circumstances but if you disagree I would say you don't know much about basketball

Are we playing the if game now?

Tell you what, go ahead and wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up 1st.

While you're at it, why not talk about how many kids have transferred into WH in the last 1-1/2 yrs?

Don't be shy - By my count, I see at least 6. What would the future of the program look like without those? :popcorneater:  Pretty convenient to omit those from your 'what if' diatribe? 

Are we playing the if game now?

Tell you what, go ahead and wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up 1st.

While you're at it, why not talk about how many kids have transferred into WH in the last 1-1/2 yrs?

Don't be shy - By my count, I see at least 6. What would the future of the program look like without those? :popcorneater:  Pretty convenient to omit those from your 'what if' diatribe? 

who transferred to wh...its the same team I saw play 3 times last year and the same team I've seen play twice this year...minus morgan and the seniors from last year obviously. If any transferred in they dont play i know that...but I do agree with you if "ifs and buts were candy nuts we would all have a merry christmas" 

Edited by bballinformer

who transferred to wh...its the same team I saw play 3 times last year and the same team I've seen play twice this year...minus morgan and the seniors from last year obviously. If any transferred in they dont play i know that...but I do agree with you if "ifs and buts were candy nuts we would all have a merry christmas" 

Sr from WH Heritage

Fr from Greenbrier

Fr from TW Hunter (?) transferred in as 8th grader

3x Fr from WH Heritage transferred in as 8th graders

Their current Fr/So roster is stacked. I was talking about the future of the program. What if those Heritage kids stayed at Heritage? lol

Edited by jn2rons

Sr from WH Heritage

Fr from Greenbrier

Fr from TW Hunter (?) transferred in as 8th grader

3x Fr from WH Heritage transferred in as 8th graders

Their current Fr/So roster is stacked. I was talking about the future of the program. What if those Heritage kids stayed at Heritage? lol

oh ok idk anything about those young kids, any of them the ones getting to play in varsity games...and if I was that sr and had an issue at heritage why didn't he go to one of those small schools and be a stud because he had to know there no shot at him getting to play at wh with them being so young last year those kids were going to get the minutes this year...isn't there a school up there called ccs or something like that. That seems like the right place for that type of situation for a SR. He could do whatever he wanted on the court there....but now you are playing the if and but game haha if they stayed at heritage...also dont really count any transfers that happen in middle school. But I see your point but seems like only 2 real high school transfers one being that senior who does not get to play. Its not like they are getting studs to transfer in haha. Like the SC post player going to maplewood smh...shhhhhh 

Edited by bballinformer

All of the freshmen mentioned are getting PT on varsity. Some more than others.

The 5th freshmen I believe is injured.

The Sr. actually was at WH 1st, and transferred to Heritage for his So yr. He played JV as a So., and everyone's expectation was that he would start as a Jr. He played great over that summer and during the Heritage team camps...Long story but he's now back at WH. 

Biggest thing I've noticed about the upperclassmen is they aren't experienced. I knew there are a few but as a whole. So if you got 2 kids with the same talent and 1 is sr and 1 is fr, you'd go with youth right? I would.

Need to get those JV programs rolling because just practicing and watching ain't cutting it.

You can see it in their eyes when they are inexperienced, the scared deer look, scared to shoot when open, lazy passes, slow to rotate defensively.

This is a district wide problem, I don't think Cheatham played many jV games the last 2 years. I was told maybe 10 games total

Edited by Bamapappy

Biggest thing I've noticed about the upperclassmen is they aren't experienced. I knew there are a few but as a whole. So if you got 2 kids with the same talent and 1 is sr and 1 is fr, you'd go with youth right? I would.

Need to get those JV programs rolling because just practicing and watching ain't cutting it.

You can see it in their eyes when they are inexperienced, the scared deer look, scared to shoot when open, lazy passes, slow to rotate defensively.

This is a district wide problem, I don't think Cheatham played many jV games the last 2 years. I was told maybe 10 games total

Not sure where you are getting your information but Cheatham had 10 JV games at least last year and has 15 this year plus 5 or 6 freshmen games according to their schedules I have. I think the problem with them is numbers in years previous to last year. Coach Stew has always played JV games as far as I can remember though. I also know that White House, Greenbrier, and Sycamore all play a ton of JV and Freshmen games and always have. And you can play a ton of JV games, but until you get in those Varsity games and get those minutes, it's tough to be prepared for what you face. It doesn't matter if you are a senior or freshman.