District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

Coalfield is very deep this year. I think it will take them a couple more weeks to narrow down the rotation and for the football players to get back into basketball shape.

I agree, that will help, but they still won't be able to shoot a lick... and I don't see any shooters in the ten man rotation. I don't see how that improves a lot.  A couple of the young ones can shoot, but just aren't big enough  to play much. 

They need to up the defensive pressure and force tempo to get more cheap buckets, because they don't have a "shooter" that is going to play much.

Defensively, you also can't sit in a 2-3 against a team that can shoot from the outside....put size in the middle, quickness on wings and go 1-3-1 at least. Trap out of that. They can't play man with the two big kids in the there, so that's not an option most nights.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg had Kingston down big and let them back in it and Scott was a foul feast should have won that one also I will go with Harriman by 10 Friday Wartburg has no post play  from what I have watched

I still think WB is the district favorite. Two really good players in Carroll and Fountain... how do the next five or six look? Decent supporting cast?

I agree, that will help, but they still won't be able to shoot a lick... and I don't see any shooters in the ten man rotation. I don't see how that improves a lot. A couple of the young ones can shoot, but just aren't big enough to play much.

They need to up the defensive pressure and force tempo to get more cheap buckets, because they don't have a "shooter" that is going to play much.

Defensively, you also can't sit in a 2-3 against a team that can shoot from the outside....put size in the middle, quickness on wings and go 1-3-1 at least. Trap out of that. They can't play man with the two big kids in the there, so that's not an option most nights.

I agree on the defensive part. I think they should be pressing full court. I would like to see them play 4 guards and one big.

Excuse me but I got lost,can some one help me to the football boards?? :popcorneater:

Yea, just hop on I40 and head west.... I think the "board" meeting is in Cookeville the next 2 or 3 days. You might find a few Gback folks there.

You not coming to support your rival??Even coach Henry was at Pitt!

Good come back by the way!!!You.Would make sloth proud!

Edited by orngnblk

Coalfield is very deep this year. I think it will take them a couple more weeks to narrow down the rotation and for the football players to get back into basketball shape.

CF let one they led throughout slip away late at Jellico last nite. Jellico is somewhat improved this yr. Ultimately though, the big kid (CF) quitting makes them 3rd place at best now. Too many turnovers and no shooters....now not enough size and a much weaker rotation. Upper classmen have to stop throwing the ball to the other team, repeatedly... Or they'll be 4th or 5th in d4. Edited by CAH09

CF let one they led throughout slip away late at Jellico last nite. Jellico is somewhat improved this yr. Ultimately though, the big kid (CF) quitting makes them 3rd place at best now. Too many turnovers and no shooters....now not enough size and a much weaker rotation. Upper classmen have to stop throwing the ball to the other team, repeatedly... Or they'll be 4th or 5th in d4.

Agree. They really missed him inside last night. I think they will probably drop the next two as well to start 1-3 in district play.

CF let one they led throughout slip away late at Jellico last nite. Jellico is somewhat improved this yr. Ultimately though, the big kid (CF) quitting makes them 3rd place at best now. Too many turnovers and no shooters....now not enough size and a much weaker rotation. Upper classmen have to stop throwing the ball to the other team, repeatedly... Or they'll be 4th or 5th in d4. Who quit was it  Kilby if so this really hurts Coalfield

Huge district game at Oakdale tonight vs. Coalfield. I think Oakdale will win this one.

Yea, I agree that OD probably wins. The kid quitting just decimated CF. Small schools just don't have the bodies available to lose a kid with that size. OD isn't great, but they likely win this one now. I'm never a fan of quitting in season...once you start, you finish the year.