District 4-A 2016-2017

VFL44

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight Oakdale has won twice over coalfield but Coalfield is the better team I am lost  

....Would WB be better if Fountain was out? or if 7 of WBs top 9 players were settling in from FBall players when they met? Of course not. OD caught them coming out of football and down a starter on won in OT on a fluky play. They clearly had been playing much better, then had two starters hurt and OD won in closing secs. Hats off to OD, but CF at 100% is a good bit better than them. Injuries can happen, players can be out....that's just part of it. Hopefully everyone for all d4 teams are 100% in tourney and we'll see how it shakes out. Going in, I would take CF and WB over OD & Jellico... I'd say WB sweeps OD in their two games. Are you lost now?

Wartburg may go 1-1 in a season series with oakdale but right now you can't say coalfield is better then Oakdale because they haven't beat them in 3 years now.. Coalfield is good but I don't know how you can say their better the Oakdale.

Oakdale has barely beat them both times. The first time Coalfield was down one starter and Oakdale won in OT. The second Coalfield was down a starter with a second severely limited with injury and Oakdale won in the final seconds of the game. If CF is at full strength I think they beat Oakdale. We may never know because it's not a given if they will play again this year.

Parker is the best player in the district.. with or without that extra starter it still doesn't make Coalfield better to me. But will see come district time. I'm a fan of coalfield I love to watch them play. I just know that they haven't beat oakdale in 3 years now. Next year they'll own the district but as for this year I still think oakdale has the upper hand.

I normally don't like getting in the thick of things on here, but will Oakdale ever get respect from anybody? Back to back district champions, 33-2 over the last three seasons in district play, they've beat Coalfield six straight times, and they have two of the top players in the district. They have ran 4A the past three years. This year's games have been close, but they've still won. I also don't like the "football players were still rusty the first time" argument. Parker dropped 40. 

What does Oakdale have to do to earn respect? Beat Golden State?

I normally don't like getting in the thick of things on here, but will Oakdale ever get respect from anybody? Back to back district champions, 33-2 over the last three seasons in district play, they've beat Coalfield six straight times, and they have two of the top players in the district. They have ran 4A the past three years. This year's games have been close, but they've still won. I also don't like the "football players were still rusty the first time" argument. Parker dropped 40.

What does Oakdale have to do to earn respect? Beat Golden State?

You all don't understand the football players being rusty part because you've never had to deal with that concerning your top players. Them not being in basketball shape is part of the reason CF only shot about 40% at the FT line that night because they had lost their legs earlier than if they would've been practicing basketball for an extra month like Oakdale had. You all may not admit but Kilby playing would've made a 4pt difference in either game. The last thing I'll say is Oakdale has taken care of business and finished games so they are in the drivers seat for another regular season championship CF needs to learn how to do that or they will be sitting at home earlier than they should be come February.

Most of Coalfield's players plays basketball all summer long then football they should be in shape yes the Shooting should be a little rusty but they should not be out of shape most the kids at coalfield plAy all 3 Sports so therefore they should be in shape

Being in basketball shape is a lot different than football. Football is 6 seconds at time then a break. Plus not being a gym shooting basketball for 3 months gets shooting rhythms off.